Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #76
DevilChild_LA
DevilChild_LA began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
ok, gotta say...I love love LOVE the sorting changes. That is one of my own OCD issues. Along with the need to carry around every book, photo, mp3 and video i own, on the crazy off chance i might need to view it...LOL

If a match cannot be found based on the available fields, perhaps prompting the user with a list of books that exist on the device, but not in the calibre library, with the option of removing them?

Sorry, developer brain kicking in... again, LOVE LOVE LOVE the sorting fixes.

DC
Old 06-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #77
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
I can understand the reasoning, but, like the Calibre directory structure that causes so much distress, some of us use the iTunes directory structure directly, too, and this makes that unreadable.
OK, after much grunting, I've found a harmless place to hide the uuid that the automation interface can still find. Will be in 0.7.4.

Or, if you're a brave soul, I can get you an updated driver which you can patch into your copy of calibre so you can test it and tell me ahead of time what else I need to fix

G
Old 06-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #78
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DevilChild_LA:
I've got (yet another) working solution now, so hopefully it will just Do The Right Thing.

Thanks for liking the tweaks, I agree it's a fine improvement.

G
Old 06-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #79
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
OK, after much grunting, I've found a harmless place to hide the uuid that the automation interface can still find. Will be in 0.7.4.

Or, if you're a brave soul, I can get you an updated driver which you can patch into your copy of calibre so you can test it and tell me ahead of time what else I need to fix

G
I could see the smoke pouring out of your ears from here

I'll be brave. I can try the updated driver.

Tracey
Old 06-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #80
GRiker

Send me a PM with your email address and your OS (Windows/OSX).

G
Old 06-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #81
kelf001
kelf001 began at the beginning.

Excellent Work

Love the new sorting features as well

I'm on the fence about the category thing...since I was kind of attached the the categories I'd given the books in the first place...and as someone who has alot of books...this change added a significant number of categories (and essentially removes my ability to sort the books by type).

But until iBooks adds a better way to deal with this, I guess we're gonna lose somewhere.

Just wanted to add my thanks If you ever need another OS X tester let me know!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #82
Devon
Enthusiast
Devon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
I really appreciate all the hard work and love using Calibre with my ipad - But I am not happy with the new change that messes with categories. I have my library organized by type: Fiction, mystery, romance - not series. I put my series in grouping and album (disc number is series number). Is there a way to turn this new feature off?

The new updated iBooks sorts your bookshelf using albums - disks, so series stay together. Again can I turn your version of sorting off?

Last edited by Devon; 06-22-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #83
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have been wondering if there is any possibilty of getting books added into iTunes from Calibre even when the device is not plugged so that iTunes simply syncs the books next time it is plugged in. This would allow me to get books added into iTunes as I work on them rather than having to remember what ones I wanted the next time I plug in my iPad.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #84
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

I'd like to second this suggestion. I'd really like Calibre to manage syncing with iTunes, not my iPad. That way, I can add 1 book at a time without waiting for the interminable iPad sync each time. When iTunes is as I like it, I can take care of syncing the iPad without Calibre.

I imagine this would be best implemented as an option as I suppose some like it the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I have been wondering if there is any possibilty of getting books added into iTunes from Calibre even when the device is not plugged so that iTunes simply syncs the books next time it is plugged in. This would allow me to get books added into iTunes as I work on them rather than having to remember what ones I wanted the next time I plug in my iPad.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #85
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Possible, but tricky as there could be interactions with other device drivers, for example if iTunes is running but you plug in a Kindle - who wins?

Please create an enhancement request. I need to make sure that things are relatively bug-free with the existing feature set before adding new features.

In the meantime, you could create a custom column 'Add to iPad' that would allow you to keep track of books headed for iTunes.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 06-22-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #86
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

I don't think it's necessary to auto-detect iTunes. A button or menu choice labeled "Connect to iTunes" would work fine for me. Then iTunes could show up as a device and be treated the same way as you do the iPad today. You could start iTunes if it's not already running.

I'll enter an enhancement request.

Quote:
Possible, but tricky as there could be interactions with other device drivers, for example if iTunes is running but you plug in a Kindle - who wins?

Please create an enhancement request. I need to make sure that things are relatively bug-free with the existing feature set before adding new features.

In the meantime, you could create a custom column 'Add to iPad' that would allow you to keep track of books headed for iTunes.

G
Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #87
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
I really appreciate all the hard work and love using Calibre with my ipad - But I am not happy with the new change that messes with categories. I have my library organized by type: Fiction, mystery, romance - not series. I put my series in grouping and album (disc number is series number). Is there a way to turn this new feature off?

The new updated iBooks sorts your bookshelf using albums - disks, so series stay together. Again can I turn your version of sorting off?
I've added a configuration switch in 0.7.5 that lets you control whether Genre is written from the Series or the first tag starting with an alpha character.

G
Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #88
Devon
Enthusiast
Devon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
Quote:
I've added a configuration switch in 0.7.5 that lets you control whether Genre is written from the Series or the first tag starting with an alpha character.

G
Thank you.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #89
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
GRiker,

As noted in that other post, I get a device not found error when trying to send to my iphone from Calibre. Itunes is open and my iphone is connected. Here is the result of the debug - I didn't see any text like described output at the beginning of this thread, so I am going to include it all.

WARNING: help() not available - check site.py

[C:Program Files (x86)/Calibre2]|1> calibre-debug -d
Version: 0.7.4
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2939&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2935&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2936&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2937&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2934&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2938&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid293c&rev0002',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid293a&rev0002',
u'usb\\vid_0424&pid_2504&rev_0001',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c01d&rev_2100',
u'usb\\vid_04e8&pid_328f&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_05ac&pid_1292&rev_0001',
u'usb\\vid_05ac&pid_1292&rev_0001&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_152d&pid_2329&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_152d&pid_2329&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_1003&rev_0200',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_2010&rev_0200',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_2010&rev_0200&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_2010&rev_0200&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_beef&pid_0006&rev_0720']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 67, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:
Looking for ALEX
Looking for ANDROID
Looking for AVANT
Looking for AZBOOKA
Looking for BLACKBERRY
Looking for BOOQ
Looking for BOOX
Looking for COOL_ER
Looking for CYBOOK
Looking for DBOOK
Looking for E71X
Looking for EB511
Looking for EB600
Looking for EBK52
Looking for ECLICTO
Looking for EDGE
Looking for ELONEX
Looking for ESLICK
Looking for FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG
Looking for GER2
Looking for HANLINV3
Looking for HANLINV5
Looking for ILIAD
Looking for INVESBOOK
Looking for IPAPYRUS
Looking for IREXDR1000
Looking for IREXDR800
Looking for IRIVER_STORY
Looking for ITALICA
Looking for ITUNES
Looking for JETBOOK
Looking for KINDLE
Looking for KINDLE2
Looking for KINDLE_DX
Looking for KOBO
Looking for N516
Looking for N770
Looking for N810
Looking for NEWSMY
Looking for NOOK
Looking for NUUT2
Looking for PALMPRE
Looking for POCKETBOOK301
Looking for POCKETBOOK360
Looking for PRS505
Looking for README
Looking for S60
Looking for SHINEBOOK
Looking for SNE
Looking for TECLAST_K3
Looking for THEBOOK
Devices possibly connected: None
Press Enter to continue...
Old 06-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #90
GRiker

Foghat: try running it with the iPhone awake and unlocked on the home screen, see if that makes a difference.

G
Closed Thread