Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2006, 08:06 PM   #16
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
No, Amazon doesn't let you place the order if you use an address outise USA.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #17
bugsbunny14
Connoisseur
bugsbunny14 began at the beginning.

i've just placed my order on amazon .
estimated shpping date 5-12 october (i am not optimistic , i don't think that they will have it in stock by that time , but i don't have any alternative choice ) .

and then used this service SHOP AND SHIP

http://www.aramex.com/shopandship/

they will provide u with an address in the u.s and then they will ship the items to the country where u live ( currently only switzerland , greece , turkey , cyprus and middle eastern countries )

Last edited by bugsbunny14; 09-27-2006 at 08:16 PM.
bugsbunny14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2006, 01:24 AM   #18
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Actually, the shipping dates on Amazon are often overly conservative - they often ship well before the estimated date (and in a small percentage of cases they ship well after the estimated date).
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:02 PM   #19
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Just called my local Borders. No luck, despite being told that they should be in today.

Anyone had any luck buying one in a B&M today?
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:07 PM   #20
bshort
Enthusiast
bshort began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 700p
Has anyone checked with the NYC Sony store?
bshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2006, 10:24 PM   #21
Xtremegene
Connoisseur
Xtremegene began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 --- Nokia n800
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG
Just called my local Borders. No luck, despite being told that they should be in today.

Anyone had any luck buying one in a B&M today?
No luck here either, although the stores I called also said that their computer had the Reader as launching today. One store just said "check back in a few weeks".
Xtremegene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:40 PM   #22
Leanna99
Leanna99 began at the beginning.

Called 3 Borders stores on Indy Friday. Only one knew what I was talking about. They didn't think they would get them anytime soon.
Then I was at a mall today and noticed a *gasp* Sony Style store. I marched in and asked about the reader. Two guys working there had one out and were playing with it. They said they would not be on sale until Monday. They let me hold it, and do some quick page turns. It was awesome. I am heading straight to the store Monday after work to get mine. The screen was a lot clearer than I expected. The pages turn fast. They were reading comics, and the graphics were impressive. I can't wait!!
Leanna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:58 PM   #23
Curry Udon
Curry Udon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
The Sony Style store in San Francisco at the Metreon has the E Readers in stock and for sale. I just got home from picking mine up.

However, interested buyers might want to call first and confirm before making a trip down there. As when I went there to pick mine up the girl at the counter replied with "Ummm, I don't think those are for sale yet" and refused to sell it to me. After explaining to her that I put one on hold and was instructed to come pick it up, she eventually brought over the manager who ended up selling it to me. So people might want to call first before making a trip down as there seems to be confusion on whether they have any for sale or not.
Curry Udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:42 AM   #24
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
My local Borders looked up the item, and said that there would be none shipped to that store. Maybe just selected Borders will receive them. I wish we had a Sony Style store around here. I ordered mine online and will have to wait until mid-November. Still, I'm excited.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:11 AM   #25
bugsbunny14
Connoisseur
bugsbunny14 began at the beginning.

hi all ,
i have a paypal account and i am willing to pay in advance to anyone who can pick a sony reader and send it to me . if anyone is interested please pm me .

thankyou all
bugsbunny14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #26
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry Udon
However, interested buyers might want to call first and confirm before making a trip down there. As when I went there to pick mine up the girl at the counter replied with "Ummm, I don't think those are for sale yet" and refused to sell it to me. After explaining to her that I put one on hold and was instructed to come pick it up, she eventually brought over the manager who ended up selling it to me. So people might want to call first before making a trip down as there seems to be confusion on whether they have any for sale or not.
Wow... I called the Sony Style store in SF yesterday, and they told me they didn't have any yet, and were expecting some in a few weeks. :-( Otherwise I certainly would have picked one up yesterday. Perhaps the person I spoke to was just misinformed, though... I'll try again!

Edit: I called back, and hallejulah! They have it in stock.

Also, for anyone else in the bay area, the Borders in Stonestown and Union Square had no idea what I was even talking about, and didn't find the Reader in their databases. The one in San Mateo was similarly confused ("Is that a book, or a magazine?"). Not really a confirmation that they don't have it, but certainly a confirmation that Borders doesn't necessarily know anything about it.

Last edited by bingle; 10-01-2006 at 01:17 PM.
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:42 PM   #27
Curry Udon
Curry Udon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle
Wow... I called the Sony Style store in SF yesterday, and they told me they didn't have any yet, and were expecting some in a few weeks. :-( Otherwise I certainly would have picked one up yesterday. Perhaps the person I spoke to was just misinformed, though... I'll try again!
Yah the Sony Style SF store has definitely been confused on the whole matter as of late. I called them each day and always received differing answers:
Thursday 9/28: "We wont be carrying those sir, you will have to place an order online"
Friday 9/29: "We expect to get them at the end of October or early November"
Saturday 9/30: "We are expecting them in today"

Then when I went to pick it up they didn't want to sell it to me.

Curry Udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #28
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm interested in whether anyone has luck persuading a Sony store to mail them one.

I just talked to someone at a store, and they said they'd do the cc transaction by fax and mail the Reader to me. Then I realized that my new computer doesn't have a fax. That was nice of them though.

Last edited by Michele; 10-01-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:44 PM   #29
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
I just talked to someone at a store, and they said they'd do the cc transaction by fax and mail the Reader to me. Then I realized that my new computer doesn't have a fax.
Do you have a Kinkos, that is, a FedExKinkos near you? They'll happily let you use their Faxes for a few cents a page.

Most office services shops will do the same, and sometimes places like Office Depot, etc.

Last edited by NatCh; 11-13-2006 at 03:32 PM.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #30
cfc
cfc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-350
Smile

I went by the Sony Store at Tyson's Corner, Virginia. They had them in stock!!! They said that they got 12, and as of 2PM they had sold 5. I bought one and on Monday I'll call Sony up and cancel my online order.
cfc is offline   Reply With Quote