Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free on Kindle and online - Tumor, Chapter One (Graphic Novel)

Tumor: Chapter 1, by Joshua Hale Fialkov and Noel Tuazon, is a dark Los Angeles noir from the Harvey Award nominated creators of the critically acclaimed Elk’S Run ($9.99; graphic novel, 224 pages, 11.3MB). I don't know what this looks like on the K2, but on my DX and in portrait mode, it's pretty great (not bad in landscape mode, either). You get two panels, side by side, in landscape mode, so it's a bit smaller in size. I wish it was the same one at a time as in portrait mode, so that the size could be blown up a bit, but it is easily readable either way and page turns are as fast as with text. I had to guess about the number of pages, as locations don't really work with graphic novels (there are only 10 in this one, for example), but I'd say it's between 80 and 100 panels in length (and 3.6 MB in size). Chapter Two is promised to arrive on July 27 and to be a Kindle exclusive. Normally, I'd be opposed to buying a book a chapter at a time, but with graphic novels that may be a necessity, simply due to the size. There isn't a lot of space on the original Kindle, for example, although I suspect these are better suited for the DX's screen size (maybe in the next update or two, they can work on resizing panels to take up as much screen size as possible, in landscape mode, rather than fitting two at a time on the screen).

Warning: The language used in quite adult and there is graphic violence (albeit, in black and white). Nothing that a typical adolescent boy isn't already reading (and in color), but it may not be suitable for the very young.

Book Description

Frank Armstrong has an inoperable brain tumor that’s killing him. In his final days, with his body, senses, and mind failing him, he’s going to do the one thing that he’s never been able to do before… save the girl.

If you don't have a Kindle or an iPhone, you can read chapter one online, HERE.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote