Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Chase, James Hadley: No Orchids For Miss Blandish. v1, 16 Sept 2008

This title was released under a Creative Commons License with a link to the book here. There is additional acknowledgement AND a link again placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

http://www.munseys.com/book/27536/No..._Miss_Blandish

“A shocking tale of vile, ruthless gangsterism.” - from an early paperback blurb. Attached is a very nice, old paperback book cover, from which I took the blurb.

From Amazon:

"James Hadley Chase is the master of crime fiction, not to be confused with mystery, suspense or simple thrillers. He goes deep into his characters [sic] makeup and motivation for crime. No Orchids for Miss Blandish is one of his classics about a crime family kidnapping a rich girl for a ransom. However the relationships that develop between the girl and her captives, and the conflict between the family members go beyond a simple crime. Despite reading it several times, and watching the movie, it has not lost its fascination for me, like many of Chase's books."

Here's what another individual writes, also from Amazon:

"Chase was a serial plagiarist, and also made a play at copying "The Big Sleep". Chandler, faster off the mark than Faulkner, hit him with a lawsuit and forced the book off the market."

I'm looking forward to reading this. I hope you will, too.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote