Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #466
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Hope you're having better luck today?

BTW, OT, but this Kobo contest SUCKS! Haven't gotten 1 code over 35%. Thankfully I've been saving the 50% Feb. codes because I knew there were new releases I'd have to buy. [*rolling eyes at myself because I know how ridiculous that sounds*}

I was lucky to grab a 65% off one posted last night while everyone was sleeping. I haven't gotten over 30% in this contest.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #467
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wild Rose Press new batch!

Get 'em here!
Advert
Old 02-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #468
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It is weird that there is no build up in the romance and Nora is known for that. I do like futuristic romance if done right. The whole world building is something I think that keeps throwing me off. If I do read up to book 4 then I will take my time no back to back for these books!
I read the first three but didn't buy into the romance between the two main characters at all. I'm interested in the futuristic world but didn't feel that she ever "built" it. Just kind of threw some words out there but didn't describe the technology. I liked the police procedural aspect and I may read the next few in the series in the future but I'm in no rush. I doubt I'll ever make it up above #30 though! That just seems too long for a series where the main character doesn't change.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #469
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I read the first three but didn't buy into the romance between the two main characters at all. I'm interested in the futuristic world but didn't feel that she ever "built" it. Just kind of threw some words out there but didn't describe the technology. I liked the police procedural aspect and I may read the next few in the series in the future but I'm in no rush. I doubt I'll ever make it up above #30 though! That just seems too long for a series where the main character doesn't change.
I think the only series I will ever be able to read that many is Stephanie Plum. I am scratching my head as the next one comes out in June her publisher requested this which I think irked JE as she has no chance to write the next Wicked series book. I wonder if the next Plum book will actually be written by JE it sounded to me from her post that maybe they are cracking the whip a little. She's got three different series going on at the moment. I hate to see the Wicked series thrown by the way side after only two books when there is suppose to be seven. I started reading the Heist but got to chapter seven and put it down. I am sure I will finish it someday.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #470
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I have a friend who reads the series and she doesn't like Eve. I don't get reading a series where you don't enjoy the main character, but my friend is a mystery/crime reader and she says she liked the mystery and procedural aspects.

At least with the In Death series the characters all grow and change. For me the development of Eve's relationships (between her and Roarke and also between her and the various other characters) is the real draw of the series. Roarke is a bit too perfect in the first few books. I remember not liking him too much way back when the books first came out because I didn't think he was developed enough. But I've been reading the series since the beginning (I started when the second book was released) so it's difficult for me now to remember those initial reactions since I have reread the series so many times. With so many books we've gotten to know Eve and Roarke very well. But Nora still manages to surprise me at times.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #471
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Well I finished it. *phew* Already knew the mystery from the first few chapters. How many books till they get married? Someone here said romance was only in the first book but that can't be right after finishing the first book.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #472
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Well I finished it. *phew* Already knew the mystery from the first few chapters. How many books till they get married? Someone here said romance was only in the first book but that can't be right after finishing the first book.
Been a long time since I read the first books, but IIRC it goes...

Book 1 - They meet and start a relationship
Book 2 - They're "dating"/fighting and get engaged
Book 3 - Building up the the marriage
Wedding takes place between 3 & 4 we don't actually "see" it.
Book 4 - They're already married

Last edited by AnemicOak; 02-25-2014 at 10:55 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:28 AM   #473
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Been a long time since I read the first books, but IIRC it goes...

Book 1 - They meet and start a relationship
Book 2 - They're "dating"/fighting and get engaged
Book 3 - Building up the the marriage
Wedding takes place between 3 & 4 we don't actually "see" it.
Book 4 - They're already married
I am happy I got those ones and don't have to buy any more unless it grows on me. *phew*
Old 02-26-2014, 01:29 AM   #474
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Hope you're having better luck today?
I did! Today I read Tamed by You, and Captive at Christmas, and finished both. Quick and easy and forgettable, but very enjoyable while I was reading them. Arrogant alpha-males is exactly the kind of distractions needed on a stressful job.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #475
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I did! Today I read Tamed by You, and Captive at Christmas, and finished both. Quick and easy and forgettable, but very enjoyable while I was reading them. Arrogant alpha-males is exactly the kind of distractions needed on a stressful job.
Yay! Nothing worse than not being able to get out of a book slump! I love quick and easies for that.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #476
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Glad to hear it, hope your good luck continues!
If you're looking for another alpha-male fix, might I suggest $.99 Axel by Harper Sloan. I really enjoy all her books in this series, alpha all the way.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #477
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Glad to hear it, hope your good luck continues!
If you're looking for another alpha-male fix, might I suggest $.99 Axel by Harper Sloan. I really enjoy all her books in this series, alpha all the way.
And if you like Security types series Lisa Renee Jones has ones I do believe almost all of them were freebies at one time. I am getting ready to read them as some of the characters appeared in her Inside Out series so I need to go back and catch up. She is a very talented writer.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #478
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And if you like Security types series Lisa Renee Jones has ones I do believe almost all of them were freebies at one time. I am getting ready to read them as some of the characters appeared in her Inside Out series so I need to go back and catch up. She is a very talented writer.
Two of them were at some point, I have them. I remember liking them very much. I also have two or three other books by her as well. Thanks for reminding me!

And thank you Blue as well. I'll take a look at that book and see if I can find it somewhere where it is DRM free.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #479
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Two of them were at some point, I have them. I remember liking them very much. I also have two or three other books by her as well. Thanks for reminding me!

And thank you Blue as well. I'll take a look at that book and see if I can find it somewhere where it is DRM free.
If you have U.S. Account I can loan you Axel. Just PM me a email address to initiate the loan through Amazon.

If you never it done that before it can be any email address it doesn't need to be tide to your account. It's pretty anonymous both ways.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #480
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
If you have U.S. Account I can loan you Axel. Just PM me a email address to initiate the loan through Amazon.

If you never it done that before it can be any email address it doesn't need to be tide to your account. It's pretty anonymous both ways.
I do. Thank you! Karma, and PM with email address, coming your way.