Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
sjheiss
Connoisseur
sjheiss began at the beginning.

Device: K3G, KF2
Translating the Kindle Fire 2?

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone could tell me which files I would need from my Kindle Fire second generation to add a new language translation, or replace an existing one.

I want to translate the UI to Basque, but I'm not sure what I need to do to be able to do that.

I decompiled the SystemUI.apk, but it doesn't seem like that's the right file. I'm thinking maybe the translation strings are in the various framework .jars, but I don't want to mess with those unless I'm right.

Thank you very much if anyone can help me.
sjheiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I think you just need to root the device and use something like MoreLocale 2:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ccl.morelocale
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #3
sjheiss
Connoisseur
sjheiss began at the beginning.

Device: K3G, KF2
I've already rooted it. Apps like Custom Locale and MoreLocale 2 don't actually let you edit strings to create your own locale. I want to be able to edit the Kindle Fire's UI and add my own language.
sjheiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Ah, well, the KF's SystemUI and Launcher would be what you're after most likely. The problem is that most of anything you try and decompile, won't compile back. You will lose all the custom API stuff, and in turn won't have a bootable Kindle.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote