Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
Bonanza43
Bonanza43 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, Kindle 2, Kindle 1, Nook 1st Edition. Nook Color, CKobo
No folders please....

I have managed to get Calibre up and running great and when I connect my NC it sends/reads my memory card just fine.
I know it is a matter of taste but I don't want the books sent to a folder (right now all epubs are going into a folder named after the author).
Is there a way to send them and to my device and see them simply listed by book name w/author?
Bonanza43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza43 View Post
Is there a way to send them and to my device and see them simply listed by book name w/author?
Are you referring to your device only? If so you ought to be able to control this behavior by setting the Save template in Preferences - Send to Device or by setting the Save template in preferences - plugins - device interface plugin - nook color, according to your wishes.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I have managed to get Calibre up and running great and when I connect my NC it sends/reads my memory card just fine.
I know it is a matter of taste but I don't want the books sent to a folder (right now all epubs are going into a folder named after the author).
Beware that most SD cards are FAT(or FAT32) and sending too many files to the Root Folder can cause problems.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #4
Bonanza43

Thanks for the speedy reply theducks.
Calibre sends all of my books into an anuthors folder whether it be a NC, K3, or a memory card.
If it is a book written by a brand new author and I send over it will create a folder with his/her name on it to store the files in...Device or ereader...doesn't matter.
I have the nook and kindle plugins installed and know how to get into templates but am lost as to what/how to do next....
Old 09-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Check the device interface plugins for each device and uncheck use subdirectories

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Bonanza43

Thanks Helen.
But it does it to my all of my memory cards too and all devices. There has got to be a setting somewhere to stop this...
Old 09-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
But it does it to my all of my memory cards too and all devices. There has got to be a setting somewhere to stop this...
Align both the settings in both save templates: Preferences - Send to Device and the Save template in preferences - plugins - device interface plugin - nook color - customize.

You are telling calibre to put the books in those directories with those templates.

But as theducks says you don't want to place all your files in the root directory of ant SD card.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
Bonanza43

I have a folder on my sd card, but inside there are all of the subs named after the authors.
So basically I have to have a plug-in installed for each device and adjust the settings for each?
I have no clue on how to change a template...
No matter where the books are sent (even to a folder on my pc) it always sends a folder. If there is even a hint of differrence in the authors name it gets it's own folder.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have a folder on my sd card, but inside there are all of the subs named after the authors.
So basically I have to have a plug-in installed for each device and adjust the settings for each?
I have no clue on how to change a template...
No matter where the books are sent (even to a folder on my pc) it always sends a folder. If there is even a hint of differrence in the authors name it gets it's own folder.
The template instructions are on the Save or Send to... screens (they are the same instructions, but separate results.
A slash makes a folder out of the preceding arguments. {authors}/{title} = An Authors folder with titles in it.
{title} will just have the Title
Similar titles will overwrite, so break the tie.
{title}-{authors}

will make the file: Tom Sawyer-Mark Twain

Good to hear there is a top (root) level folder. , there should be no trouble causes putting 42 zillion book files into that folder.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
Bonanza43

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I think I have got it done. I CC&P the info into the textbox (on the right) in both templates...
Don't have any books to send right now, but will asap and report back.
Again many thanks!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
Bonanza43

Update, it didn't work. I transferred over 3 books (all from a new author) and it put them all in one folder.
Like: King, Stephen
Old 09-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #12
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Update, it didn't work. I transferred over 3 books (all from a new author) and it put them all in one folder.
Like: King, Stephen
If you:
1) used the template suggested by theducks of {title}-{authors},
2) Used that template in Preferences Saving books to disk, and
3) selected the books and used Save to Disk to save them to a disk,

then it should have worked to save them all in a single folder that you selected during the save operation (it should not have created a separate new folder). It would have saved them with a name that included both author and title. It works for me. What did you want it to do?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
Bonanza43

Don't know what happened, went back in and had to redo, possibly didn't hit apply...
Will try again...
Old 10-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #14
Bonanza43

Update

Thanks all, works great except now it is putting several icons on my nc that looks kinda like a sheet of paper with a skinny red question mark in the middle of it.
Any ideas?
Old 10-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks all, works great except now it is putting several icons on my nc that looks kinda like a sheet of paper with a skinny red question mark in the middle of it.
Any ideas?
Are the Icons on the Nook or looking at the Nook from Windows?

? implies a unknown format (to the device software)