Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
Gunslinger
Gunslinger began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Cover page in TOC

Hi
I have set a <h2 style="display:none;">Cover</h2> tag on my cover page so as to be able to make the cover page magically show up in Sigils autogenerated TOC, but making the text invisible for the reader.

This works fine in Sigil and ADE, but when I test the epub in iBooks, the cover link doesn't show up.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or is this just a "feature" of iBooks?
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Hi
I have set a <h2 style="display:none;">Cover</h2> tag on my cover page so as to be able to make the cover page magically show up in Sigils autogenerated TOC, but making the text invisible for the reader.

This works fine in Sigil and ADE, but when I test the epub in iBooks, the cover link doesn't show up.

Maybe a Feature

Did you set the 'semantics' for both the cover page file and the cover page image to 'cover page'?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Gunslinger

@theducks thats not the problem :-)

Inserting the listing manually using Edit TOC and point to my cover.xhtml file doesn't seem to fix it.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
And are you also including the cover itself in the file?

Have you tried this on the Kindle platform? I ask because the most recent book I uploaded wound up with two cover images when converted on the KDP. (This happened to me a year or three ago, but more recently Amazon has been very good about suppressing the included cover.

(I suppose though that if the included cover were suppressed, then the link wouldn't work anyhow! Perhaps that's what happened with iBooks?)
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
Gunslinger

Kindle is not (yet) relevant for danish language ebooks, so no, I haven't tried that…
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Hi

It is a feature I think The cover page will show up in landscape mode using 2 columns but the link still does not. They intentionally remove it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Kindle is not (yet) relevant for danish language ebooks, so no, I haven't tried that…
Yes, that's a pity. I assume that diacriticals aren't the problem, so it must be the lack of Danish-speaking personnel in Seattle!

But just to confirm my understanding: In addition to the invisible "Cover" heading, you also include an actual image of the cover, right?

Thanks - NJ
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
Kasper Hviid
Zealot
Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kasper Hviid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Gunslinger, du er dansk? Hvad er det for en bog du laver?
Kasper Hviid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #9
Gunslinger

@DaleDe: You are probably right.

@NotJohn: I do include the cover image. It shows up just fine in the library view in iBooks.

Regarding Amazon & Kindle books in Europe in general and Denmark specifically: Its not the special danish characters (æ, ø, å). Currently they charge about 70%, which is so high that no sane person would go for it. Which is a pitty, considering the effect on the rise of ebook sales Amazon has had on the US market. I think they simply don't want to have a business with us…yet. The rumor is that Amazon will enter the danish market more seriously within the next 14 days, so perhaps things will change for the better with Kindle books too.

/* danish language section

@Kasper Ja :-) Det er en tegneserie i album-format, der bliver indscannet og konverteret til epub.

*/