Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #271
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Oh well. I just uplifted my borderline to 600 Euros then.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #272
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
Oh well. I just uplifted my borderline to 600 Euros then.
I hope I'm wrong, but the screen is going to be the major cost component, and this screen has almost double the area of the current 9.7" screens.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #273
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Ok, the device read PDF files and I like that, but about the EPUB ?

From http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...-inch-e-reader :
Quote:
I noticed it did not currently have EPUB support, which means you will not be able to load in your own books.

Last edited by Randy11; 10-25-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #274
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I guess this is something they don't have to test extensively as they have all the software available. So lacking epub support now may mean everything and nothing.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #275
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Ok, the device read PDF files and I like that, but about the EPUB ?

From http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...-inch-e-reader :
Would then have to use one of the many reader apps that support epub.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #276
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
Does sony withdrawal from the US Market imply that the Slate 13" wont be released?
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #277
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamba66 View Post
Does sony withdrawal from the US Market imply that the Slate 13" wont be released?
Not necessarily, Sony may not view it primarily as a reader but rather as a tablet, we'll know more when they name it.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #278
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
I am with Salgueiros on the subject: This device will be revolutionary. I've been using an M92 by Onyx (aka Icarus Excel) for almost a year now and although I've been sceptical before purchase whether the 300-something Euros would be worth it, I'm absolutely glad I made the decision to buy it. For my use case of reading almost exclusively technical documents/mathematical books on it and making annotations, it's simply the best you can currently get - and that Sony reader, if it's released, will be perfect in the very meaning of the word. I couldn't imagine any reason why I'd ever need to buy another ereader again (regarding the M92, it's the 9.7" which still don't really satisfy me, also, I recently damaged it ), so it may aswell cost a thousand Euro, I wouldn't care.

PS: Before I bought the M92, I've been using a variety of (LCD) tablets for years and I shall absolutely never go back to the endless pain of recharging and eye fatigue, let alone it being unreadable in direct sunlight. My primary concern is not that of function-over-price ratio but that of having an electronic book/notebook which excels at that one task and that task only.

Last edited by ManDay; 11-01-2013 at 11:25 AM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #279
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had the Onyx M92, but I wasnt happy with the build quality and the resolution of it. The features were great, but the resolution just didnt cut it for me.

Because I have imported a laptop from South Korea before, I decided to import the Hanvon E920 9.7 inch with a resolution 1600x1200. I am very happy now, it only lacks some german characters in epub format but other than that it has many of the features the onyx m92 has too such as glyph embolden or annotations.

So there are better, but the hanvon is just restricted to the chinese market
Old 11-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #280
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Hi gamba66,
I sent a question to your private mailbox re. the E920.
Thanks in advance,
Mirko
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #281
gamba66
Zealot

I got it and answered you, the hanvon e920 btw was very expensive too, I could have gotten a laptop for the same price

As a matter of fact my current laptop had cost less^^
Old 11-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #282
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Ohoh, my 'huge eink display' addiction kicks in.

Already saving for the device.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #283
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
Sony has a release day for it (in Japan at least.)

http://www.sony.co.jp/SonyInfo/News/...201311/13-146/

Price is set at 98,000円, about $1000. I am disappointed...if they set it at $500 I would jump at it. Looks like it will be sold only to institutions.
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #284
batchaesir
batchaesir began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Great news! It's getting close now,i will import one if possible although it's 1000$.
batchaesir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #285
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar View Post
Sony has a release day for it (in Japan at least.)

http://www.sony.co.jp/SonyInfo/News/...201311/13-146/

Price is set at 98,000円, about $1000. I am disappointed...if they set it at $500 I would jump at it. Looks like it will be sold only to institutions.
Not unexpected; this is about the same level that the Plastic Logic device was priced at. It's clearly targeted at the business market, not the general public.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote