Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Question How to remove all hacks and update to the most recent firmware version?

When i had 3.0.2 or 3.0.3 I installed jailbreak, font and screensaver hacks and Duokan. When 3.1 firmware was released i installed some hack (I think to prevent automated updates). The problem is that since that hack my Kindle does not download books i send to it via @kindle.com. And that is something i really would like to have back.

i wish i could have a clean system again but I am confused now about which hacks i installed and in which order and how to clean it all up.
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 AM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Get the uninstallers for each hack that you installed, and use the "Update Firmware" on Kindle. Always uninstall Jailbreak last.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert