Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #16
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
May I make a suggestion ?
If it is possible, I'd like to be able to set a custom CSS that would be applied instead (or better : above) the CSS specified in the ePub file... That's something that can be (and is) done in ADE on the PRS-505, and it changed my life !
And, of course, as another option, specifying the font family (which would probably lead to a EPUBReader-generated CSS stylesheet, in turn used as the custom one would have been, wouldn't it ?)
Hi David!

That's exactly what I've already done: if you change background-color, font-size etc. in the preferences, the values are saved to a CSS which is applied to the content. Additionally I'll add the possibility that you can change the font-family.

What would you like to change additionally?
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #17
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
The CSS

Sometimes ePub books are not well formatted, and the supplied CSS make it look poorly designed (huge text in some areas, absolute positioning of paragraphs that do not fit in a mobile screen, ...).

But as a starting point, the font family and the margins will do
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Maybe I missed it but when I click on a epub to download it automatically opens the epub. I know I can save it afterwards but it would be nice to have the option to open or save upon clicking on the file. More times then not I don't want to open it in Firefox.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Maybe I missed it but when I click on a epub to download it automatically opens the epub. I know I can save it afterwards but it would be nice to have the option to open or save upon clicking on the file. More times then not I don't want to open it in Firefox.
You can always right click and download it or most browser support holding down the shift key and then clicking. This is no different that PDF's when you have a Reader installed.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
You can always right click and download it or most browser support holding down the shift key and then clicking.
Thanks for the reply. I do right click to download the file now. I appreciate you suggesting this option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
This is no different that PDF's when you have a Reader installed.
It is different then PDFs because I have had the pdf download extension for years. Anytime I click on a pdf I get to choose what to do with it.

If I ever see an option to choose whether to open or save added to the extension I'll jump back on board.

Thanks again for supplying the community with a great add-on.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #21
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisvunas View Post
One small suggestion: it would be good if the user when he tries to delete a publication were faced a simple confirm dialog "Do you really want to delete the publication by ... titled ...?" It happened to me a couple of times to accidentally delete a publication by wrongly clicking "Delete" instead of "Save as file" button (they are not far away each other). The publications were free and I quickly restored them, but it seems that any irreversable change should be confirmed by the user.
Thanks, this is a good idea. I put it on the change list.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #22
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Thanks for your feedback dwanthny!

Like mentioned by DaleDe, the easy solution is to just click on the right mouse button. I understand that it would be more convenient if you are asked if you want to open the epub in FF or store it on the disk. This was requested now several times, so I put it on the change list .
Old 02-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #23
Rickbk
Rickbk began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Pre
Hi. I just upgraded from 1.2.5 and the new library function shows My Library as _empty_. I know the books are there because I can see folders 1, 2, etc. and files in them - I can open them in the browser. The library locations is still good, as opening one of my old books (e.g. 1.pub) creates a new folder and files (e.g. 29.pub) in the same location.
Rickbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:52 AM   #24
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickbk View Post
Hi. I just upgraded from 1.2.5 and the new library function shows My Library as _empty_. I know the books are there because I can see folders 1, 2, etc. and files in them - I can open them in the browser. The library locations is still good, as opening one of my old books (e.g. 1.pub) creates a new folder and files (e.g. 29.pub) in the same location.
Hi Rickbk, thanks for your feedback!

- When you say "empty", don't you even see the headers (title, author)?

- Please go to the FF error console and delete all entries. Then load this page: chrome://epubreader/content/library.xul. Does it have the same effect? Please check the FF error console, if you find any errors, please post them.

- Which FF version, which OS do you use?

Michael
Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #25
Rickbk

Hi Michael,
Thanks for getting back.
"empty" is nothing: My library in the left pane and pale blue on the right pane with no text or graphics at all.
My software, FF3.5 on Vista.
chrome://epubreader/content/library.xul (as per you request) produces just pale blue blank screen.
chrome://epubreader/content/catalog.xul is a 2-pane display.
The error console: 3 messages following your instruction (below).
---
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "An invalid or illegal string was specified" code: "12" nsresult: "0x8053000c (NS_ERROR_DOM_SYNTAX_ERR)" location: "chrome://epubreader/content/library.js Line: 18"]

Error: not well-formed
Source File:
Line: 19, Column: 35
Source Code:
<html:td>Christopher Golliday & Melissa Golliday</html:td>

[ a pretty green line pointing up at the 'M' of Melissa] Ah ha!

Error: [Exception... "'JavaScript component does not have a method named: "onLocationChange"' when calling method: [nsIWebProgressListener:nLocationChange]" nsresult: "0x80570030 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JSOBJECT_HAS_NO_FUNCTION_NAMED)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]
===
Old 02-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #26
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickbk View Post
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "An invalid or illegal string was specified" code: "12" nsresult: "0x8053000c (NS_ERROR_DOM_SYNTAX_ERR)" location: "chrome://epubreader/content/library.js Line: 18"]

Error: not well-formed
Source File:
Line: 19, Column: 35
Source Code:
<html:td>Christopher Golliday & Melissa Golliday</html:td>
Thanks for the update!

The problem is caused by the "&" in the author name. I've attached a new version at the first post of this thread. Please install this one and try it again. Please let me know if the problem is fixed.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #27
Rickbk

Hi Michael,

Quote:
I've attached a new version at the first post of this thread. Please install this one and try it again. Please let me know if the problem is fixed.
Thanks for the fix - perfect.
This idea and the software is getting better all the time.
Kind regards, Richard.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:58 AM   #28
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Well it won't change my life .... Much .... But this is great! .... Thnx .... Keep up the great work
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:00 AM   #29
zshep
Banned
zshep began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
yayyy
zshep is offline   Reply With Quote