Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
Gamgee72
Gamgee72 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 X 2
Meta Data in Vista not available

Hello, was wondering if anyone has this problem.

I just switched to Vista Home edition from Window XP Pro. I am no longer able to edit the meta data for any of my .lit and .lrf files (i.e. Title, Subject, Author, etc.) by right-clicking the file, choosing properties, and selecting the details tab. Any ideas on how to fix this in Vista without using the GUI of libpr500?

Gamgee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamgee72 View Post
Hello, was wondering if anyone has this problem.

I just switched to Vista Home edition from Window XP Pro. I am no longer able to edit the meta data for any of my .lit and .lrf files (i.e. Title, Subject, Author, etc.) by right-clicking the file, choosing properties, and selecting the details tab. Any ideas on how to fix this in Vista without using the GUI of libpr500?

That functionality was NOT part of Windows XP. And to be honest, I find Vista a bit of a downgrade from XP Pro. Everything works so well on XP Pro. But Vista, not so good according to other forum users.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
libprs500 has a command lrf-meta
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote