Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #121
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Would be a good place for wind turbines.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #122
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Not sure if the wind would be able to grab a car... A car doesn't stick out that much. It's never good to stick out your head above the rest!
I wouldn't drive my Jeep on that. There is a bridge over a gorge here in Wisconsin that has "Caution: High Winds!" signs before you get there. I was driving to Chicago a couple of months back and there was a wind stoem goin on, which was doubly worse. It was okay until I passed a semi at which point I was pretty sure that the fasteners holding my hood on were going to let loose.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #123
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I wouldn't drive my Jeep on that. There is a bridge over a gorge here in Wisconsin that has "Caution: High Winds!" signs before you get there. I was driving to Chicago a couple of months back and there was a wind stoem goin on, which was doubly worse. It was okay until I passed a semi at which point I was pretty sure that the fasteners holding my hood on were going to let loose.

I guess that's what happens when you're a high profile kind of guy.

I always wondered if your fasteners were just a little loose, but now I know it was just the wind. My apologies.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #124
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I guess that's what happens when you're a high profile kind of guy.

I always wondered if your fasteners were just a little loose, but now I know it was just the wind. My apologies.

getting the wind up the willies !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #125
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
If the wind is that strong then maybe a small car could be lifted by it?
Guard rails helps small cars against that.

Trucks like this are more suceptible to wind because being empty they have less weight to keep them down and even more because the drivers tend to go faster because of it. I wonder if it could be possible to build collapsible trailors...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #126
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
getting the wind up the willies !!!!
Hold on to your Kilt!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #127
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Guard rails helps small cars against that.

Trucks like this are more suceptible to wind because being empty they have less weight to keep them down and even more because the drivers tend to go faster because of it. I wonder if it could be possible to build collapsible trailors...
No, just ban those trucks from the roads... This country is way too small for all those trucks!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #128
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
No, just ban those trucks from the roads... This country is way too small for all those trucks!
Then be prepared to have difficulty finding food!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #129
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #130
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post

Okay, now a little to the left.

Good. Now down just a bit.

Uhuh. Too far, back up about an inch.

Now a touch to the right.

Ahhhh. Perfect! . . . X marks the spot.

Now start digging.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #131
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:

Now start digging.
Where is Slite when you need him. There are so many ways to interpret that post.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #132
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Where is Slite when you need him. There are so many ways to interpret that post.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #133
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Autoroutes, highways and transportation should be done underground. This way emissions could be controlled and pollutants be captured directly from the air evacuation systems stations.

Just a silly thought...
Old 02-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #134
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

Now start digging.

Lady Blue

I'm shocked !!!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #135
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Lady Blue

I'm shocked !!!!!
...but pleased...

Tags
emotive octopusses, hugo and lefty, safety pins, socks