Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #826
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I've finished up my Marville story called "A Bit Light" and am waiting on one more first-reader input and then a final pass if needed.

This week I'm working on a SF gender-bender type story called "The Chosen" hope to have the draft done by Monday....running a bit behind because of some family complications.

Have not done much with my novel ideas, put aside one of the essays cause it just wasn't working, but have a couple more in mind. I'm still trying to get my 'writing feet' under me though and I've never been much good at juggling so may just focus on trying to write one story a week or something like that. (hey it worked for Bradbury )

Update: just wrote a very strange sex scene. something I've not even been close to doing since I did some romance writing a long long time ago (and this one just now was definitely in a galaxy far, far away).

Last edited by kennyc; 04-26-2012 at 01:23 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #827
Janet Merza
Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet Merza ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Now I've got the bit between my teeth....

Having just published a book that I started researching nearly 30 years ago, I'm working hard on my second (which I started researching about 20 years ago, so I'm speeding up!). I'm also editing a book that my late father self-published in the days when it cost you money...he would have so loved the way it is today - he would have been producing ebooks like there was no tomorrow, blogging, twittering - you name it, he would have been there - as it was, the only outlet he had was a weekly column in the local paper.....we just don't know how lucky we are these days...
Janet Merza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #828
AuthorGuy
AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY EReader PRS300
fanfics

Since the demise of my favorite TV show a few months ago I have been seized with something of a mania for fanfictions set in that world. So I've written a number of stories in the world of Chuck that are posted for all to read at fanfiction.net.
AuthorGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #829
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm doing a clean-up edit on Evoguía... something I should have done before making it a free download.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #830
Gorgonseyes
Connoisseur
Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gorgonseyes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Cool

Being the busy, crazy Sagittarius that I am...

Im working on four projects at once....

Medusa II
a Sci fi YA adventure
A comic style action series
& a steampunk 1880s novel

Wish me luck
Gorgonseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #831
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good Luck!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #832
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgonseyes View Post
Being the busy, crazy Sagittarius that I am...

Im working on four projects at once....

Medusa II
a Sci fi YA adventure
A comic style action series
& a steampunk 1880s novel

Wish me luck
Luck!

I'm a man, so multi-tasking like that is a challenge...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #833
kennyc

Currently working on a essay/narrative non-fiction piece.

It's been a rough week though....not much completed.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #834
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I now have 55,000 words on my humorous SF/Mystery hybrid with the title of [Promotional material deleted by me.]

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #835
kennyc

Okay, I got the draft of the piece I started last week done, letting it cool for a bit. Worked on another science oriented essay...it may be close to a finished draft as well, will revisit it tomorrow. I'm trying to focus on just finishing things, too many shiny ideas trying to distract me.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #836
Martin Moe
Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martin Moe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have gotten way, way off my well beaten path. But you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm 18,000 words into a letter to God. It will be small, free ebook.

[Promotional excerpt deleted - MODERAT0R]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-19-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Martin Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #837
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Moe View Post
I have gotten way, way off my well beaten path. But you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm 18,000 words into a letter to God. It will be small, free ebook.

Dear God,
I’ve got a lot on my mind, God, and my years are winding down. You are a vital and fundamental figure in the history and conduct of humanity and a driving force in the lives of most of the people on this little planet. And you are reputed to listen to everyone who tries to contact you, so I thought I’d write you a letter and voice my concerns and confusions. I’ll be straightforward, no “thee” and” thou”, no pleading or praying, and no submissive recitations of ancient creeds and beliefs–just an honest rendition of what I think at this point and why I reject belief in a religion. It’s a lot to discuss in one day, so I’ll follow your lead and break it up into seven days.
This holds promise....

Today I'm hoping to do a final revision and begin marketing the essay I've been working on this week.

Also more work on a non-fiction piece and maybe a bit of planning/outlining etc. on a novel.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #838
kennyc

For those who have a hard time sticking with it. I ran across this on another forum:

Write or die:

http://writeordie.com/#pc

Old 05-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #839
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
For those who have a hard time sticking with it. I ran across this on another forum:

Write or die:

That looks harsh! Especially kamikaze mode. It starts to "unwrite" your words!!!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #840
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Write or die:

Very interesting, Kenny. I just downloaded the iPad version. Hopefully, by this time next week I'll be a published author.

Now if only I can find the time.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote