Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #1381
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yeah, the Kindles sometimes act really strange. Here's another post of mine with speculations about what *might* cause such weird behavior.
Even the update to 5.3.4 was weird for me -- rather than getting an updating screen, at suspend time (power-button time) I got the 'collecting info' log-dumping screen, followed by a very long pause (presumably while the update was installed) and then a reboot into 5.3.4.

(As an aside: I work for Oracle, so it's *possible* I might be able to ask what the heck cvm is doing, or at least what the heck that local folder full of cached classes is for. Of course, that's like saying 'I live in London so I might be able to get my preferred candidate in as Mayor'... it's a huge company, and I work for a bit very far from the ex-Sun Java bits... but if I should find myself talking to any of the embedded Java folks for some other reason, I'll ask them about this.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #1382
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Please ixtab, one question.

I download "com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.fontsize.jar", and copy it to "/opt/jbpatch".

I restart the kindle, and when I start jbpatch, this patch don´t show in patch list. Could I install it with jbpatch 4.0?

thanks in advanced.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #1383
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Please ixtab, one question.

I download "com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.fontsize.jar", and copy it to "/opt/jbpatch".

I restart the kindle, and when I start jbpatch, this patch don´t show in patch list. Could I install it with jbpatch 4.0?

thanks in advanced.
Yes, but only on supported firmware versions. That is clearly stated on the page where you downloaded it from.

Last edited by ixtab; 04-15-2013 at 06:46 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #1384
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks ixtab, i'm sorry, i downloaded that file from a link, and i disn't read nothing.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #1385
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Thanks ixtab, i'm sorry, i downloaded that file from a link, and i disn't read nothing.
"Se que puede instalar en las versiones 5.3.1-5.3.3"

Pero no se puede instalar en la 5.3.4

PS: Tambien hay un foro español mobileread aquí... aún con cristbo

Last edited by ixtab; 04-15-2013 at 07:10 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #1386
ersott
Evangelist

There is a spanish proverb:

"You never going to bed without have learned new"

Thanks again ;-)
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #1387
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
In the UK we say

"Every day is a School-day"
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #1388
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
@ixtab, here I've found another one Java decompiler: fernflower. You might want to try it.

Links: download link from original post, docs.

According to author's words, current MCP contains latest versions of fernflower.

Last edited by eureka; 04-16-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: proxy links to pages in foreign language through Google Translate
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #1389
eureka
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well... That's an unusual example of luck in fiddling around with the help of some tools.

Create file /mnt/us/documents/reflow (content doesn't matter), then restart framework:
Code:
# touch /mnt/us/documents/reflow
# restart framework
Open PDF, invoke menu and there will be a new toggle option Text-Only Display. I've tested it on this file, it works.

BTW, option should be displayed under the name Original Display when reflow mode is on, but it doesn't for me. Anyway, it switches between modes just fine on Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #1390
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Create file /mnt/us/documents/reflow (content doesn't matter), then restart framework:
Code:
# touch /mnt/us/documents/reflow
# restart framework
Open PDF, invoke menu and there will be a new toggle option Text-Only Display
It does work for at least part of the files - some pdfs are more image than text? It is a pretty cool find! great and thanks!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #1391
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Anyway, it switches between modes just fine on Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1.
Paperwhite 5.3.4 - don't work...
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #1392
eureka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
Paperwhite 5.3.4 - don't work...
Feature trigger is still there, but disabled by default and doesn't depend on file marker existence anymore. It's in /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/Reader-plugin.jar. You'll find pdf.reflow.enabled resource in one of inner resource bundles (set to false by default).
Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #1393
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
So yeah, because my Paperwhite is already running firmware version 5.3.4, I cannot successfully uninstall jbpatch 3.2.1 before upgrading to 4.0.0. Just as that version doesn't work under the new PW firmware, neither does the uninstall utility which returns an error.

So instead, I just installed 4.0.0 over what I already had in place which seems to be working fine. But so that I have as clean an installation as possible, I wanted to verify if there was any other cleanup I should do, stuff that might still be lying around from 3.2.1 but has been pulled from the 4.0.0 build as pertains to the Paperwhite?

Thanks again for all your great work on this tool.

Edited to Add - maybe opt/jbpatch/com.mobileread.ixtab.patch.fontsize.jar might be an example of something I should clean up/remove? I see it's still there albeit with an older date and I remember reading it's not valid for the PW any longer.

Last edited by CheriePie; 04-17-2013 at 02:58 PM.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #1394
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post
So yeah, because my Paperwhite is already running firmware version 5.3.4, I cannot successfully uninstall jbpatch 3.2.1 before upgrading to 4.0.0. Just as that version doesn't work under the new PW firmware, neither does the uninstall utility which returns an error.
I did not receive an error message when I uninstalled (same FW situation). Did you use the 3.2.1 version uninstaller? Weird...
Wish I could help with the leftovers clean-up. ixtab should be doing a drive-by soon and be able to sort things. Good Luck!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #1395
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I did not receive an error message when I uninstalled (same FW situation). Did you use the 3.2.1 version uninstaller? Weird...
Wish I could help with the leftovers clean-up. ixtab should be doing a drive-by soon and be able to sort things. Good Luck!
Yeah I did try to use the 3.2.1 uninstaller to uninstall and got the Error 6, or was it error 3... the one that indicates just a general error as it came up almost immediately without much processing. I chose the option to Update the Kindle, not just the Restart, and I actually did that step twice just to confirm I didn't select the wrong option the first time. So I just wrote it off to the fact that the uninstall wasn't working properly because 3.2.1 was no longer working properly on my PW 5.3.4.

So since 4.0.0 seems to be running fine, I'm tempted to just leave it alone, but since ixtab had recommended a reinstall (and since I'm a bit OCD about having a clean device), I thought I'd see if I could clean it up after the fact. I could always try to run the uninstaller for both 4.0.0 and 3.2.1 again if necessary.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks