Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Buggy paging in Mobipocket on Windows Mobile

I'm having a problem with Mobipocket Reader on my new (to me) Axim PDA (Windows Mobile 6, with the Mobi software automatically installed by the Desktop Reader, version 6.2). The problem is that, at least a few times a day, I click the page-back button to back up a little in the text, and instead of backing up one page, it backs up half a dozen or more. At first I thought it was me, but it's happened often enough that I'm pretty sure it's a bug in the reader. It's annoying to be repeatedly forced to find my place again.

Has anyone else had this problem, or found a way to prevent it?

I have wondered if it might have something to do with the font size (which I generally have fairly large, for reading in bed without my glasses). Maybe it "forgets" the font size momentarily and jumps back the equivalent of one page in small type? I haven't really tested that, just speculating.

I never had this problem with the version of Mobi that I ran on my old Win CE 3.0 PDA. It first showed up on the new PDA, with the more updated Mobi software.

Thoughts, anyone?
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is a long-standing 'feature' of the installable mobipocket reader. I've seen in on Palm PDAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I click the page-back button to back up a little in the text, and instead of backing up one page, it backs up half a dozen or more.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
This is a long-standing 'feature' of the installable mobipocket reader. I've seen in on Palm PDAs.
Urk. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Actually, as this is becoming increasingly annoying to me, I wonder if there are earlier versions of Mobireader in which this "feature" is "disabled." My old WinCE 3 PDA didn't jump back like this, and I think it used MobiReader 4. But now I'm on WM 6, and I went to the latest version of Mobi, partly for the dictionary lookup.

Does anyone know at what version this problem started appearing?