Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #16
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
- Yes, there was a difference in speed, some of the pages (those with diagrams) opened very slowly.
- Both ways. You can increase the size of the page step by step and after a few steps you will only see a part of the size (I think this is the same behaviour like on a computer) and you can use a "reflow mode" that destroys the layout.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #17
Hamad_Spider
Hamad_Spider began at the beginning.

Device: inkBOOK Obsidian
Thank you for your kindly and complete support, Billi.

I'm still waiting for someone to test that PDF on a 6" device (specially a Pocketbook device) and tell me if it is possible to read it by zooming or not.
Hamad_Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #18
Hamad_Spider

Are you satisfied with your Pocketbook 902, Billi?
How is its quality, readability and speed?
Finally, do you recommend it?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #19
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Yes, I am satisfied with the Pocketbook 902. I use it mostly for reading pdf-files and that he does well. I own the device for almost a year and haven't had any issues.
If one has a lot of pdf-files to read then I would recommend a 902 or a 912 (if being able to make annotations is important, but it will cost even more).
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #20
Hamad_Spider

Thank you.

So, I'll choose Pocketbook 902, because I think touchscreen and taking notes is not that important that you pay more money for it.
If I don't buy one, I'll wait until new color e-ink readers come to market. Pocketbook also may introduce a pearl device then!
But for now, my goal will be Pocketbook 902.

Thanks to all guys for helping me in this decision, specially Billi, for his patient and kindness.
Advert