Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #46
mobilis
drowned in old books
mobilis is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
Just use Kubrick, its painless and virtually impossible to do anything wrong. just follow the instructions.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064
Thank you! I used the Kubrick and it actually works, and nothing died. ;__; I'm so happy right now.

Thank you, everyone!
mobilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #47
mobilis
drowned in old books

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post
Thank you! I used the Kubrick and it actually works, and nothing died. ;__; I'm so happy right now.

Thank you, everyone!
Oookay, after deregistering the Kindle, installing the Kubrick and spending about 2 or 3 DAYS organizing my content on the Kindle Touch... reregistering the Kindle deleted all of the collections I'd painstakingly made. ;__; I'd heard that it wouldn't do that, but to me, it did. Dang.

On the upside, at least Amazon restored my old, pre-Kubick&hacking collections. And now that it's done so, the ixtab hack thingy can interface with the "proper" Amazon/kindle collections...

Just thought I'd mention that, in case it happens to someone else.

(STILL totally glad I installed it, though! X3 Thanks, guys!)
Old 09-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #48
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post
Oookay, after deregistering the Kindle, installing the Kubrick and spending about 2 or 3 DAYS organizing my content on the Kindle Touch... reregistering the Kindle deleted all of the collections I'd painstakingly made. ;__; I'd heard that it wouldn't do that, but to me, it did. Dang.
Well, yes. As soon as a Kindle phones home, you should be prepared for Amazon doing whatever they want to your device. Including changing the collections, deleting books (1984, how fitting), etc.

The "ixtab thingy" a.k.a. Collections Manager has options to export/import collections to/from a simple file compatible with calibre. That is almost as good as a full backup - the only thing that it doesn't save is the collection hierarchy (= the nesting).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:09 AM   #49
mobilis
drowned in old books

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Well, yes. As soon as a Kindle phones home, you should be prepared for Amazon doing whatever they want to your device. Including changing the collections, deleting books (1984, how fitting), etc.

The "ixtab thingy" a.k.a. Collections Manager has options to export/import collections to/from a simple file compatible with calibre. That is almost as good as a full backup - the only thing that it doesn't save is the collection hierarchy (= the nesting).
Yeah, I'm getting kind of tired of Amazon's ways... :S I guess it's to be predicted, but I didn't think they'd blast my collections. ;__; (so petty) I guess I should have anticipated it... I did things all out of order.

I've figured out how to export to Calibre, but is there a way to export from it not by criteria and filters, but by just tagging books in the kindlecollections column with new tags? I.e., could I change a book's tags in Calibre from "toread,history" to "read,history", for instance, and then somehow just export/sync the changes of that particular book? I keep thinking there's probably some way to do this, but my searching hasn't turned it up.

(Thanks for helping!)
Old 09-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #50
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mobilis: Not sure I got the to/from the right way, but I'm assuming you meant exporting collections from Calibre's kindlecollections column (which I assume to be a custom column) instead of/in addition to default columns like authors, series, tags...?

Then, yes, check the plugin's settings, your custom column should be in the available 'sources'. (And the plugin's thread for multiple examples, especially in the first post).

Keep in mind when importing back that CM will *never* delete a collection when importing from Calibre, so you may end up with empty collections on your device that you'll need to delete manually if you have a high turn-over of collection names .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-06-2013 at 05:26 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #51
greeny123
greeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheesegreeny123 can extract oil from cheese

Device: paperwhite
What happened to kindlean (kindlean.com)

Hello,
I would like to buy the kindlean collection manager (I was using the free version with my paperwhite and liked it but its only usable till 100 books). But now I cannot find the homepage oder a place where I can buy it.
kindlean.com now points to a healthcare organisation.
Any hints ?
greeny123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #52
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
One: good riddance?

SCNR.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote