Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
ArrowHood
ArrowHood began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 10
Scrolling through epubs in Moon reader without chapter stops?

Hi,
i have a question about Moon+Reader.
With epub files the app stops at every chapter end and you have to hit a button associated with "Page down" to continue to the next chapter.
I would rather scroll through the whole book and have seen that with e.g. EzPdf.
Is there a possibility to do the same in Moon+?
Thank you
Markus
ArrowHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowHood View Post
Hi,
i have a question about Moon+Reader.
With epub files the app stops at every chapter end and you have to hit a button associated with "Page down" to continue to the next chapter.
I would rather scroll through the whole book and have seen that with e.g. EzPdf.
Is there a possibility to do the same in Moon+?
Thank you
Markus
Under Control Options --> Miscellaneous, there is tick box that says "Show chapter end prompt". I think if you uncheck that, your issue may be resolved.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
spjuliman
spjuliman began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Under Control Options --> Miscellaneous, there is tick box that says "Show chapter end prompt". I think if you uncheck that, your issue may be resolved.
Hi, I am still facing the same problem as ArrowHood in the original post, and the suggested method to uncheck "Show chapter end promt" does not fix the issue. In my epub there are many single pages (1/1) or double pages (2/2) that seem to indicate to Moon+ that it has to stop scrolling after the last page of this range is reached. In longer sections scrolling works fine until the last "page" of that section is reached (e.g. 17/17).

An acceptable (but not good) solution is to set "Finger Gesture On Screen" (under Control Options) to "Top to Bottom"=Page Up and "Bottom to Top"=Page down. Moon+ still stops at the end of the page range, but then displays the next page with the same finger swipe up or down. Nevertheless, manual Continuous Scrolling through the entire book like in Acrobat Reader would be the right way to do it, why can't that be set in the Control Options of such a "fancy" reader?

Please help ... I like the highlighting features of Moon+ and it would be nice to find a fix for the scrolling problem. Thanks!

spjuliman
spjuliman is offline   Reply With Quote