Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Kratos
Connoisseur
Kratos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone, iPad, PC
How do I add images to a completed ePub?

Hi. Using InDesign I've outputted an epub file.

But I've discovered that I forgot to include two images in two different pages. Because the book has hundreds of pages and I've spent a lot of time editing each page so outputting it again from Indesign is not an option.

What I'd like to do is find a way to add those images into the epub.
So what I have done is on those html pages with the missing images I've created the link to the images.

And I was going to copy the two images that should be in the file into the OEBPS -images folder. However I believe the images have to also be referenced in the content.opf file? My html are basic.

What do I have add to the content.opf file to safely add the images, or is it not possible once the epub has been made?

EDIT: I solved it!
I put the two images in the images folder.
I opened content.opf with the Note++ text editor and entered a line that referenced each graphic file like this...

Code:
<item id="E814_fmt.jpeg" href="images/E814_fmt.jpeg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
and then I went back to the html page and place the name of the image where the link to the image is.

Thank you me!

Last edited by Kratos; 10-25-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Sigil would have been another way to solve this problem and it would not have required as much manual work on your part.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Not to mention which considerably reducing the chance of making a mistake which blows the epub up!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote