Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
yang8699
yang8699 began at the beginning.

Device: none
what apps do I need?

I'm the new owner of PE from woot the lastest deal. Couple of days ago, I successufully upgraded PE to android 2.2 (thanks for the posts here). never used android device before, some basic questions:

I want:

1. a good web browser, I installed dolphin HD, but had issues for zooming in/out, any suggestions? opera mini or dolphin mini would be better for PE?

2. a flash player. tried to install adobe flash player 10.3, didn't allow me to install. any suggestions? Reason to install flash player is to watch espn3, any other way to watch it? or any video app?

3. netfix streaming video, is it possible to have it (heard that netflix is not supported on PE)?

Thanks in advance.
yang8699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
1. On the PE the browser it comes with should be fine, I find it to be a great browser for just about anything, only some EE users really /need/ to use alternate ones.

2. I think some people have installed the flash player, though you likely wont be able to watch most video streaming things aside from youtube, as most of them require you to donwload a small app to make sure you're on windows or mac.

3. netflix is not going to happen, at least not for awhile if ever.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
You can get detailed answers to the second two questions from the tweaks thread at the top of the forum.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Besides the regular browser and Dolphin HD, I just installed Miren browser. One thing it does very well is zoom in and out. (On the EE, mind you.) You could try that if you'd like another option to check out.

The regular browser is the only one that sends the current page to the e-ink side, so when you want to be sure you have that option (e.g. reading a news/magazine site and you want to send the articles to the e-ink side), you probably want to be using the regular one.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
yang8699

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Besides the regular browser and Dolphin HD, I just installed Miren browser. One thing it does very well is zoom in and out. (On the EE, mind you.) You could try that if you'd like another option to check out.

The regular browser is the only one that sends the current page to the e-ink side, so when you want to be sure you have that option (e.g. reading a news/magazine site and you want to send the articles to the e-ink side), you probably want to be using the regular one.
thanks , I'll give it a try.
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
yang8699

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
1. On the PE the browser it comes with should be fine, I find it to be a great browser for just about anything, only some EE users really /need/ to use alternate ones.

2. I think some people have installed the flash player, though you likely wont be able to watch most video streaming things aside from youtube, as most of them require you to donwload a small app to make sure you're on windows or mac.

3. netflix is not going to happen, at least not for awhile if ever.
i've read through the tweaking thread, so adobe flash can't work properly, only audio not video, too bad...
Old 07-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by yang8699 View Post
i've read through the tweaking thread, so adobe flash can't work properly, only audio not video, too bad...
okay, sorry, haven't tried it out myself yet as I haven't really had the need...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
yang8699

Resources for New Edge and Pocket Edge Owners by obsessed, post #1 - your best bet regarding using the edges.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
yang8699

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsenter View Post
yang8699

Resources for New Edge and Pocket Edge Owners by obsessed, post #1 - your best bet regarding using the edges.
thank you, I guess I'm just blind to miss the thread.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by yang8699 View Post
thank you, I guess I'm just blind to miss the thread.
There's an awful lot to go through, much of it worth reading!!

You can install Flash and I think it's working. I have it on mine but never know if it's doing its job or just sitting there! You just have to have the right version, which will be on freewarelovers.com, but I forget which version it is, so what good is this post, you might ask, since you'll have to look it up anyway!

Oh well. Welcome and good luck to you!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
yang8699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
There's an awful lot to go through, much of it worth reading!!

You can install Flash and I think it's working. I have it on mine but never know if it's doing its job or just sitting there! You just have to have the right version, which will be on freewarelovers.com, but I forget which version it is, so what good is this post, you might ask, since you'll have to look it up anyway!

Oh well. Welcome and good luck to you!
thanks, I'' take time to go over the threads. Before that, a simple question, I can't open pdf books in library, it this normal? I read open them by moving all the files to documents to go.

How can I read books in ink side? right now all pdfs are opened on tablet side...
Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #12
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Try tapping on your Reader icon, then choosing "Open Book from Storage." Then you can tap "Internal Storage" to get a list of the folders on your PE (internal, anyway). Choose the file that contains your pdfs, probably "download" or "Digital Editions," tap it to open, then tap your pdf to open it with the Reader on the e-ink side. You can add it to the Library if you want from there.

You can do the same thing by opening your Library and choosing Storage from the drop-down menu on the top left.

Have fun!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote