Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
steffi
Enthusiast
steffi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
DX screen protectors?

Do they exist yet? I mean ones that aren't reflective nor impede the reading experience.
steffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's not really the outside of the screen that gets damaged if the screen gets damaged. What gets damaged is the glass substrate underneath the top layer of the screen and your typical screen protector won't help with that.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
301verbs
Enthusiast
301verbs began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
I found some screen protectors and even skins for the two smaller Kindles (Invisible Shield has them, for example). For the DX, I just did a search and got this Boxwave link first, which has two kinds of protectors (one is supposedly anti-glare). Another option is to buy a screen protector for a netbook and just trim it to fit.

edit: for the record, here are two places that make skins for the Kindle 2 (so it's a fair guess they'll get to the DX eventually): InvisibleShield and BestSkinsEver. I've never used any of these, though

edit #2: The reviews for the BoxWave shield aren't so great: http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-.../dp/B001ACNN9W

Last edited by 301verbs; 06-23-2009 at 10:59 PM.
301verbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
pleeho
pleeho began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
I've got one on mine

I have screen protectors on all my LCDs (except my tvs) - I bought this one for my Kindle DX after i put on the same one for my K2: gadget guard: http://www.gadgetguard.com/magento/i...lds-skins.html

It is very easy to read through, minimal reflectance, very strong protection, though can be difficult to put on: I use a spray of 1 drop of dishwasher soap in a cup of distilled water to keep the film slippery before final positioning.You have to have some lens-cloth available constantly to soak up extra liquid so you don't damage your KDX. Because of the huge size of the KDX gadgetguard, this process was NOT easy, but I'm happy with my result.
pleeho is offline   Reply With Quote