Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-20-2014, 12:26 AM   #1
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs down One Reason Not to Use iCloud

The annual nightmare bestowed by Apple on their customers is here: upgrading the fug-ugly iOS. I'll avoid upgrading it for as long as can be done (upgrading breaks the normal operation of many apps -- permanently for some of them), but unfortunately, the upgrade also affects those who choose not to upgrade. Ever since iOS 8 was released a few days ago, my iCloud syncing stopped working for me, even though I'm still on iOS 7 (or earlier) on all of my iDevices. iCloud syncing now no longer works for me in mission-critical apps like GoodReader or neu.Notes.

In this sense, Kris truly made a good choice when he opted for Dropbox, not iCloud, for Marvin syncing. Although implementing both of the options as alternatives, the way GoodReader does it, might be worth consideration.

PS: For anyone else experiencing iCloud syncing hiccups, try killing all apps on all of your iDevices, then restart all of your iDevices. This seems to help here, although it may not help if you're already on iOS 8 on some of your iDevices and rashly chose to switch to iCloud Drive, as widely reported. Because one of my iDevices still is an iPad 1 that cannot be upgraded and will therefore never be able to use iCloud Drive, does this mean I cannot use iCloud Drive on any of my other iDevices, either, even should I upgrade (some of) them to iOS 8 later on? Heaven only knows...

Last edited by Faterson; 09-20-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Never had a problem here. Cant get Marvin to sync from iPad to phone no matter what I do. I've given up.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert