Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #1
gmon
gmon began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq kyros nookcolor archos
Unhappy Nook HD+ and bizarre fbreader problem

Hi, just bought the HD+ since I got tired of my broken rooted Nook Color ( horizontal lines running across the center of the screen ever since I dropped it ) and I installed fbreader and went to type in the correct directory for it to find the books I uploaded (wifidroid works great, btw) and nothing shows when I type!!? But hitting enter actually adds whatever invisible and nonsensical characters I did type in, so now fbreader will search in /mnt/sdcard/urpowajredlfnmasl etc. Can anyone confirm that typing into fbreader produces invisible characters for them also or is it just me? Do I need to actually root this also just to be able to type in apps...??
gmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
It sounds like this is one of the known bugs with 3rd party apps. Sometimes 3rd party apps wouldn't show text due to B&N picking slightly different default text colors. It should have been fixed in the latest update though. Have you gone into Settings and checked that you have the most recent software?
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
gmon

Hi, I know it updated as soon as I registered, so I assumed it was the market update, since I was able to install apps... What specific version number should I look for?
Old 07-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
gmon

Turns out not to be an issue after all, since once I chose the books via library > file tree > mnt blah blah blah, fbreader remembered that directory, unlike the fbreader version I had been using where I had to go and choose it each time until I actually typed in the correct directory in settings. I thought I had to do here and couldn't, which is why I posted, so all is now well since fbreader now adds whatever directory you chose via file tree to its library. But everyone probably knew that since everyone was probably updating their fbreaders all along except for me