Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #31
Ararose
Enthusiast
Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Fire
Harry T, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That helped me out a lot. I know can read a book I've wanted for a while now.
Ararose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:13 AM   #32
adriantc
adriantc began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (2015)
Personal documents in AZW3 still not supported

Does anybody know if the new format AZW3 has become supported... I tried to send a book to my Kindle email and I get an email back stating the format is not supported although on their website it says it is (http://www.amazon.com/kindlepersonaldocuments).

I tried to have a conversation with Kindle support and after bouncing back thru operators I get to Kindle specialized support where I find out AZW3 is not supported by any of my Kindles (Keyboard or 4).
adriantc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #33
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
edit: excuse, wrong thread

Last edited by desertblues; 12-27-2012 at 04:22 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #34
Lavender Lib
Lavender Lib began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm not sure if my question has been answered or not. I went through a rough patch with my Kindles, and had to have them replaced 3 times. Each time I had to download the books from the archives on the kindle, transfer them Calibre, edit them to add the designations I'd given them (I keep my series together by renaming the book with a code at the beginning... AB-01 Guilty Pleasures is Anita Blake series #1, then book title). With close to 2000, this took forever....and then I would have to replace the Kindle again!!!

So - I got the plugin that stripped the DRM, and made all books Mobi, so that the next time this happens, I could just reload from Calibre, and go. However, a couple of months ago, the AZW3 started showing up, and Calibre couldn't convert them to Mobi.

Are yall saying that if I remove Calibre, re-install it, and then all the plugins, that it will then convert the AZW3 files to Mobi? So far everything I've done has not worked. And if I delete all of Calibre, how will I save my books and all the info in my extra columns in Calibre? (categories, amount paid, date read, etc) I'm sure you experts are rolling your eyes, but please help the dummy!

Thanking you in advance...
Lavender Lib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #35
babarous
Resident Lurker
babarous began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Why not just convert it to .mobi and then send it? All kindles can handle that format, AFAIK.
babarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #36
babarous
Resident Lurker
babarous began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
@Lavender Lib: You need to update your calibre plugins. But I don't think talking about removing DRM is allowed here. Since you've done it before, I assume you have an idea of how to go about that.
babarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #37
Polarpenguin
Groupie
Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polarpenguin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS- T3S, Kobo aura H2O Kobo aura One Kobo libra
@ Lavender Lib

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but uninstalling will NOT remove your library folder. Once re-installed you can point calibre to the old library.

Quote:
Each time I had to download the books from the archives on the kindle, transfer them Calibre, edit them to add the designations I'd given them (I keep my series together by renaming the book with a code at the beginning... AB-01 Guilty Pleasures is Anita Blake series #1, then book title). With close to 2000, this took forever....and then I would have to replace the Kindle again!!!
There is no need to do this. Make sure the series colum is populated & use metadata plugboards to add the series info when you transfer your books to your device.

open Prefs - Metadata Plugboard
This post should help https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=plugboards

Last edited by Polarpenguin; 12-28-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Polarpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #38
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Just want to share .. I encountered the same problem, where Calibre could no longer do deDRM for AZW3 from my Kindle Paperwhite .. It turned out, the issue was due to Kindle PC installed on my laptop .. I removed Kindle PC and now Calibre and its plugins can handle AZW3 just fine ..

There is no need to uninstall Calibre and its plugins, just uninstall Kindle PC, do restart of your PC/laptop and it works just well ..
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #39
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
Just want to share .. I encountered the same problem, where Calibre could no longer do deDRM for AZW3 from my Kindle Paperwhite .. It turned out, the issue was due to Kindle PC installed on my laptop .. I removed Kindle PC and now Calibre and its plugins can handle AZW3 just fine ..
Two things.

1. Calibre does not remove DRM some plugins provided by a 3rd party may accomplish this task.

2. Since the person who created this thread doesn't have a PW, not the same problem. Your input may indeed help some folks, but the vast majority will have to update their plugins. Since it is against forum rules to discuss the details of the removal of DRM I can't elaborate further on exactly why your advice is in the minority.

***One last general message for all - links to sites explaining DRM removal or the discussion of the details of DRM removal are not permitted on this site.***

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-20-2013 at 10:46 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote