Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
kris33
kris33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G Keyboard
Exclamation Weird Table-padding after ePub conversion using Calibre

I have a couple of ePubs I must convert to mobi so they can be sold on the Kindle store. However, while to conversion in Calibre mostly work great, I have a big problems.

As you can see in these two images (one of epub vs mobi and one mobi viewed on the Kindle 3G), the cells in the tables in the mobi format get huge paddings that weren't there in the ePub.

When converting I don't do anything special. Since the epub is perfect and I would prefer a 1-1 conversion, I disable heuristic processing and font-size rescaling. The only thing I do is to disable generation of Table of Contents since the book already has one.

What can I do to fix the tables to remove the margins?
kris33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Remember that Mobi doesn't support CSS. If you have your table attributes defined via CSS, apply them directly to the table tags instead; that should convert more reliably.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
NicWest
NicWest began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
can you show us the HTML/CSS for that section?
NicWest is offline   Reply With Quote