Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
jreidu
jreidu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Blank Lines

Hi

I'm using Heuristic Processing to remove spurious blank lines which works well except in the following case

...........the

Committee was set up to ..................

That is where the word following the extra blank line is capitalised. Is there any setting I can use to remove these also?

JRU
jreidu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
In your example, the previous non-blank line ends with a non-punctuation character. If you have a reg-ex capable editor, you could use that as your clue. In fact, that might be better than using the capitalised successor line. - But I'm not sure, it's just off the top of my head.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 05:11 AM   #3
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
What type of document are we talking about here ? .rtf, .docx, .html ?

For instance in Word 2010 (not sure about LibreOffice), you can search for the line break character, followed by a paragraph end character. Because I believe that's what the underlying problem is.

For a batch replace you could even use the search and replace feature (use with caution, though).

Last edited by DSpider; 07-20-2011 at 05:54 AM.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote