Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
Mark Lord
Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Mark Lord knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
Bisclavret (The Werewolf) in top 100 for horror and fantasy short stories

“engaging and thrilling. As an eighteen page short story, it reads quickly: his pacing is good, the dialogue is tight, and the plot is absorbing. His style is clean and precise and executed extremely well.” Steven Till at http://steventill.com

My short story (c. 6000 words) Bisclavret (The Werewolf) is currently getting quite a lot of attention on Amazon.co.uk. Here are the latest chart positions:
#41 in Kindle Store > Books > Fiction > Fantasy > Historical
#74 in Books > Fiction > Horror > Short Stories
#78 in Books > Fantasy > Short Stories

I hope readers here might find the story interesting as well. It's priced at $0.99 or £0.70, and is a retelling of the classic medieval legend of the werewolf by Marie de France.

Link to Amazon.co.uk Kindle version
Link to Amazon.com Kindle version
Link to Nook version
Link to Smashwords version

Here's a brief extract:

"As I turned my head back to our way ahead I saw it on the bank to our right. It must have been watching us for several minutes and we had now approached to within only a few feet of it. I pulled back hard on the reins of my palfrey and heard Beatrice let out a quiet yelp of surprise. I dared not look over at her. My eyes were fixed by those yellow slits amongst a mass of dark gray fur. The wolf stood calmly watching me, not Beatrice. He was at head height to us. I'd seen dead wolves as a child, so I could tell that this was a large male. His stillness and intensity showed he was not scared of us, as most such animals are. I believed strongly and instinctively at that moment that he could only want to attack us."

You can read more about the story at my blog http://marklord.info/category/bisclavert-bisclavret, and also a review of it at http://steventill.com/2010/07/26/rev...f-by-mark-lord by Steven Till.

Last edited by Mark Lord; 07-09-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Mark Lord is offline   Reply With Quote