Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
cBird
Edge User

Screen measurements?

With my new PE en route my first post has to be a question. Can someone tell me the exact measurements of the two screens? I want to get a ZaGG shield for the eReader screen and think one of their Kindle or Sony screens should fit. I'm going to inquire of XO Skins if they will cut one to fit the LCD screen. I have spent an hour+ looking and can only find the 6"/7" diagonal descriptions.

Looking forward to familiarizing myself with what seems on my first visit a great forum.
d

Old 04-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

I know how exciting it is waiting for a fantastic new device to arrive, so I will indulge you in the effort of measuring the screens

eReader: 3 1/2" (plus 1/16" to be precise) x 4 3/4" (plus 1/16")
LCD: 3 3/8" x 6" (plus 1/16")

(To be super precise I'd have to use millimeters or 1/32" accuracy.)

Several forum users have simply trimmed whatever screen protector they could find to the size of their screens.

Enjoy your eDGe!

Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
Filark
Edge User

Here's a link to an earlier thread about screen protectors. http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...reen+protector

That was the first thing I wanted to know, too. I searched this forum (search box top right) and came up with several discussions but no clear winner. I wonder if anyone is making them now? It's been a while since I looked.

In the end I went to my local Best Buy and bought the closest thing I could find there, which was a 5-pack of matte finish removeable protectors designed for the Archos 7 tablet and made by Griffin. I figured I could find something better if I needed to, and meanwhile my PE's screens would be covered while I "poked" around.

The Archos 7 protector exactly fits the LCD side. No 1/16" wiggle room in any direction. For the e-ink side it is too narrow, but serviceable. I had to trim the bottom off. I like the matte finish, the plastic seems durable, I managed to get almost all the bubbles out, and I have 3 left over if they start to show wear. So I'm happy with my $15 purchase. I have a Zagg protector on something else and I find them to be a bit "gooey". Do you know what I mean? Maybe they are better now. The one I have is old (but still working!)

Welcome to this forum! Glad you made it over.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
cBird
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I know how exciting it is waiting for a fantastic new device to arrive, so I will indulge you in the effort of measuring the screens

eReader: 3 1/2" (plus 1/16" to be precise) x 4 3/4" (plus 1/16")
LCD: 3 3/8" x 6" (plus 1/16")

(To be super precise I'd have to use millimeters or 1/32" accuracy.)

Several forum users have simply trimmed whatever screen protector they could find to the size of their screens.

Enjoy your eDGe!
Thank you very much. I've started a new follow-up thread—under flatbed scanner—in case 'screen measurements' doesn't intrigue enuff folks. Will surely enjoy it.