Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Help! Sideloaded books now not showing up in Library after upgrade to 1.0.1

I finally got around to loading some new non-DRM books after my NC upgraded to 1.0.1 (and I authorized the NC on my Adobe Digital Editions, although I don't think that SHOULD have affected anything). Now, though, none of these books loaded from Calibre even shows up in my Library! They are in My Files/Books, just like all my other books, but they are not showing up in the Library, not even as a generic book cover. If I go to My Files/Books and long press on the book icon, it says "failed to obtain item details", whereas if I long press on a book icon that IS in my library I get a menu for "Read/View Details/Add to Shelf/Remove from Shelf".

Can anybody tell me what is wrong here? I am going to be SO upset if I can't get these books in my library and on my shelves.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Try deleting those files. Then rebooting. Then reloading the books.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #3
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

No joy. Deleted books using Calibre, rebooted NC, reloaded books, nothing. Still says 311 books in library (which is what it was before loading the 4 new books). Books show up in My Files/Books, but not in library. I'm really starting to cry over this...
Old 12-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I meant delete books within the file directory directly. Go into My Files / Books and manually select all of the books and delete them. Then reboot the NC.

Are they ADE epub books? Are the books on an SD card?

Last edited by SCION; 12-26-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
leday
Groupie

They were ADE epub books but they did not have DRM (some were stripped/some didn't come with DRM when purchased).
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

OK last question, are they on an SD card?
Old 12-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
leday
Groupie

No, all is on internal memory. Deleted directly from the file, rebooted, redownloaded and still not showing up.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
leday
Groupie

Do you think it would hurt or help if I did a manual re-update to 1.0.1? Could the automatic update that occurred after I authorized my device to ADE have been corrupted in any way?

Grasping at straws here...
Old 12-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant

I was going to suggest that. Do a factory reset to 1.0.0, load one book from calibre. Confirm all is good. Then manually update to 1.0.1.

You may want to de-register the device first through Settings.

Last edited by SCION; 12-26-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #10
leday
Groupie

how do you do a factory reset? Would I lose all the books I already have on the device? What does deregister do and would I be able to register it again? (sorry for the noob questions).
Old 12-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant

Yes, you will lose everything. B&N content can be re-downloaded.

De-register means you are unlinking your B&N account from the device. If you don't do it and you try to register again after the factory reset it may not let you because the device has already been registered to that account.

You can erase and de-register from Settings / Device Info and choose Erase & Deregister.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
leday
Groupie

OK. How do you do a factory reset? I can't seem to find it on search, just mentions that people did it, but not how.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant

Just use the Erase & Deregister method mentioned above.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #14
leday
Groupie

OK, it worked. Did a factory Erase and Deregister, then re-registered the device (it came back already at version 1.0.1 though...did not go back to 1.0.0). Reloaded all books via Calibre and they all showed up in the Library (even the 4 new ones). Only 4 books (3 of the new ones) came without covers so I'll have to tweak those again to get their covers to show, and set up all of my shelves again, but at least they are showing up in library again. Whew. Wonder what happened to cause this?
Old 12-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by leday View Post
...Wonder what happened to cause this?
I don't have a technical answer. Stuff happens. Glad it's working now, I'm sure it was frustrating.