Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #46
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I've already forwarded your question to Onyx and hope to get answer on Monday

Is there any reason why Onyx prefers to communicate through a mediator?
Seems to be almost the only company without direct access, forum, mail inquiries for customers/users.

This "I will ask them, they told me, probably" etc.

Strange things happen ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #47
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Is there any reason why Onyx prefers to communicate through a mediator?
Seems to be almost the only company without direct access, forum, mail inquiries for customers/users.

This "I will ask them, they told me, probably" etc.

Strange things happen ...
I am not a mediator, just some one who cares.
I do that because I like It. I like the product and I like to help users. Nobody forces me to do that.

About direct access, mail inquiries etc. of Onyx International - did you try to contact them directly? I think they would answer your questions if you would ask.
Currently they are not really well known abroad of China. They are just trying with their products to enter and to keep a small niche of the european, russian and US ereaders market.
Just don't be so strict to them . I didn't see a lot of Sony or Amazon employees here either - mostly users themselves are helping each other.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #48
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
I am not a mediator, just some one who cares.
I do that because I like It. I like the product and I like to help users. Nobody forces me to do that.

About direct access, mail inquiries etc. of Onyx International - did you try to contact them directly? I think they would answer your questions if you would ask.
Currently they are not really well known abroad of China. They are just trying with their products to enter and to keep a small niche of the european, russian and US ereaders market.
Just don't be so strict to them . I didn't see a lot of Sony or Amazon employees here either - mostly users themselves are helping each other.
Well they cannot be contacted.
And as you seem to be able to "forward" messages and receive answers to them that seems mediation to me.

And the site does not give you any information where to actually you could buy their products. The given link takes you to ashop with no available items.

The flagship product M92 is not on the company website, only the M90(??!!).

They show a reader:

Boox i62
Pinch to zoom
Handwriting
PDF emerge = annotation and exporting to PC

So there they offer things M92 users would be glad to have.

This baby cannot be bought as well, as well as the tablet.

As Amazon and Sony or Kobo go - well, I think they are dealing with another kind of problems.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #49
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I think, the Chinese market is big enought for them, but they decided to expand also to the Euro-Atlantic market. Maybe it is not the priority No.1.

Anyway, I appreciate, they included customization of my language. It was not much work for them, but it was some work. I might be a single user of M92 in my country at this time...

It is quite strange that there are only two -+decent 10" e-readers. One from China, the other from Russia... I do not count Amazon DX decent 10" e-reader.

Last edited by Mono; 02-19-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 AM   #50
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
The cultural and linguistic reef it's hard to be crossed.

They have an official chinese forum http://bbs.o-in.me/forum.php
and an "official" english forum who is a land of spammers http://bbs.o-in.me/en/ without any control

Last edited by AlexKidd; 02-19-2012 at 09:20 AM.
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #51
Beryll Snyder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I think, the Chinese market is big enought for them, but they decided to expand also to the Euro-Atlantic market. Maybe it is not the priority No.1.

Anyway, I appreciate, they included customization of my language. It was not much work for them, but it was some work. I might be a single user of M92 in my country at this time...

It is quite strange that there are only two -+decent 10" e-readers. One from China, the other from Russia... I do not count Amazon DX decent 10" e-reader.
Who has that amount of money in china?
As for decent: I guess that depends on your definition - and Amazon could throw a more than "decent" reader on to the market within weeks, should have the desire to do so ...

Last edited by Beryll Snyder; 02-19-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: omission
Old 04-05-2012, 03:24 AM   #52
stancho
stancho began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
improve bg

Hi Booxstor there is improve version of Bulgarian language.

If you can add it in next version of firmware will be nice. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: rar onyx_bg_BG_new.rar (19.3 KB, 470 views)
stancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #53
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I would like to ask, there are new strings (texts) in latest RC 1.7 firmwares. So, not everything is translated to other languages.

Might be good idea to have final version of ts files for translation 'update'. (When final version of 1.7 will be ready for release). Also final version of manual might be handy for translators, as it is often very hard to guess how to translate the particular text if the context is missing/not clear. Seeing menus and texts in manual might help.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #54
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stancho View Post
Hi Booxstor there is improve version of Bulgarian language.

If you can add it in next version of firmware will be nice. Thank you.
Thank you for your work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I would like to ask, there are new strings (texts) in latest RC 1.7 firmwares. So, not everything is translated to other languages.

Might be good idea to have final version of ts files for translation 'update'. (When final version of 1.7 will be ready for release). Also final version of manual might be handy for translators, as it is often very hard to guess how to translate the particular text if the context is missing/not clear. Seeing menus and texts in manual might help.
You're right. I will ask our engineers to give me TS files before they release the new update. It must be not much work to add some new translations..
Old 04-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #55
AlaiDris
AlaiDris began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmoth79 View Post
I've changed some expressions in the spanish translation (just a few misinterpretations )

Melmoth79 Hello, I'm AlaiDris of Spain and new to the forum, not if I'm asking in the right place or the right way, but can you tell me how I can put the file. Zip translations into Spanish, at the Onyx Boox M92?. thanks

greeting
AlaiDris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #56
E-readers Fan
E-readers Fan began at the beginning.

Hello Booxter

Can I translate the TS file to Arabic (Right-to-left language) ?
And how do I open a TS file to edit and translate it?

And is it possible for onyx to add an Arabic keyboard layout in their next update?

Last edited by E-readers Fan; 04-13-2012 at 07:20 AM.
E-readers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #57
Booxtor
Booxtor

Hi,

here are new TS files for 1.7 which we need to translate:

Arabic (country: Egypt, not translated yet)
Bulgarian
French
Hungarian

@E-readers Fan

Thank you for your offer. Please use the file onyx_ar_EG.ts to translate to Arabic. About the Arabic keyboard, we need to schedule this feature, and will let you know next week if it is easy to implement.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #58
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaiDris View Post
Melmoth79 Hello, I'm AlaiDris of Spain and new to the forum, not if I'm asking in the right place or the right way, but can you tell me how I can put the file. Zip translations into Spanish, at the Onyx Boox M92?. thanks

greeting
Hi,

you can't do that. We do implement your TS flie in the firmware updates.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #59
AlaiDris
AlaiDris began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Booxtor Thanks for your information and help.

Last edited by AlaiDris; 04-13-2012 at 01:00 PM.
AlaiDris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #60
E-readers Fan
E-readers Fan began at the beginning.

Quote:
@E-readers Fan

Thank you for your offer. Please use the file onyx_ar_EG.ts to translate to Arabic. About the Arabic keyboard, we need to schedule this feature, and will let you know next week if it is easy to implement.
Do you mean by "Egypt", the Egyptian dialect?
or the Arabic used by all Arabs in all Arab countries (i.e. Fus-ha Arabic) ?
E-readers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote