Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 AM   #16
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Use RainX. Then you won't need wipers. I use it, and even in the strongest downpour, I never need to turn on my wipers.
Oh yes... let's all take one of the biggest environmental hazards there is (i.e. a car) and spray some more chemicals on it that we have no idea what it contains

Thanks, but I'll change my wipers on a regular basis instead
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:43 AM   #17
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Use RainX. Then you won't need wipers. I use it, and even in the strongest downpour, I never need to turn on my wipers.
And mixed with a small amount of phenobarbital, acetylene and candle wax <bake at 235 deg F for 20 minutes> it makes an excellent after dinner cocktail.

Last edited by Donnageddon; 09-08-2009 at 03:47 AM. Reason: I am an idiot
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 03:49 AM   #18
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Oh yes... let's all take one of the biggest environmental hazards there is (i.e. a car) and spray some more chemicals on it that we have no idea what it contains

Thanks, but I'll change my wipers on a regular basis instead
I don't use sprays containing the letter "X" either (e.g. snow-X and moss-X). It reminds me of "exitus", the medical term for death, and that's just too cruel, even for rain and snow
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:55 AM   #19
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I don't use sprays containing the letter "X" either (e.g. snow-X and moss-X). It reminds me of "exitus", the medical term for death, and that's just too cruel, even for rain and snow
For similar reasons I never grope alligators on days of the week ending in "Y".
Old 09-08-2009, 03:59 AM   #20
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
For similar reasons I never grope alligators on days of the week ending in "Y".
Awww... come on, whats a Saturday afternoon without a bit of alligator groping?

(And another post successfully threadjacked! I LOVE the Lounge)
Advert
Old 09-08-2009, 04:02 AM   #21
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Awww... come on, whats a Saturday afternoon without a bit of alligator groping?
I will admit, whenever "Who Needs Limbs Saturday" comes around, I am tempted.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

Time to throw out those threadjackers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
And that, in a nutshell, is the crazy 'arms war' we seem to be in with regard to cars at the moment. It's why the roads around every school are blocked by ridiculous 4x4 monsters - what self-respecting mum would drive a small car when these behemoths are all around, you might as well shoot the kid to work in a cannon!
Which is why cars are slowly being banned around school areas. There are now several school areas where people aren't allowed to stop their cars outside the parking spaces, not even to unload kids.

And more people are taking the bike again.

Talking about those huge monsters:

You should read this!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:09 AM   #23
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
There are now several school areas where people aren't allowed to stop their cars outside the parking spaces, not even to unload kids.
Hold on here! So kids must be unloaded while the car is moving? Now that is progress!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:10 AM   #24
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Hold on here! So kids must be unloaded while the car is moving? Now that is progress!
Hmmm... car mounted trebuchet's for quick unloading of kids....

I think we have a bussiness oportunity here.....
Old 09-08-2009, 04:24 AM   #25
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:

Quote:
I will admit, whenever "Who Needs Limbs Saturday" comes around, I am tempted.
Just use Alligator-X!

Quote:

Time to throw out those threadjackers!
Kill-joy

Quote:
Which is why cars are slowly being banned around school areas. There are now several school areas where people aren't allowed to stop their cars outside the parking spaces, not even to unload kids.

And more people are taking the bike again.
Same here. It's a good thing, actually. As you said, many people take the bike - or children simply walk to school. For most kids, the way to school does harldy take longer than 10 minutes. So there's no good reason to take the car.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:30 AM   #26
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
For most kids, the way to school does harldy take longer than 10 minutes. So there's no good reason to take the car.
Except for the alligators.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #27
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They are allowed to stop the car further away from school. Which means finding a place to park the car, unload the kid, bring it to school, walk back to your car, waiting for a opportunity to drive off, etc.

(just found the news article: the no-stopping zone is valid for weekdays between 8 and 4. One school asked specifically for it and now all 54 elementary schools in the city will be getting such a zone (they started in 2008 and estimated it would take 2 years to completely finish it)

Quote:
Same here. It's a good thing, actually. As you said, many people take the bike - or children simply walk to school. For most kids, the way to school does harldy take longer than 10 minutes. So there's no good reason to take the car.
yep. But parents are the lazy ones. They are always in a hurry and just dump their kids off at school and then take off as if the police is following them. (and then forget after a day of work that they still had that toddler asleep on the backseat... I always get so angry when I read about those stories!)

Last edited by Sweetpea; 09-08-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #28
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Quote:
They are allowed to stop the car further away from school. Which means finding a place to park the car, unload the kid, bring it to school, walk back to your car, waiting for a opportunity to drive off, etc.
OK, I get it. But I still prefer Slite's mounted trebuchet idea!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #29
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
OK, I get it. But I still prefer Slite's mounted trebuchet idea!
It would depend on where that school is located. As long as it's at least 20km away, I'm fine with it. Can you imagine the screaming when they (those kids) land? (I bet Zelda can...)
Old 09-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #30
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
It would depend on where that school is located. As long as it's at least 20km away, I'm fine with it. Can you imagine the screaming when they (those kids) land? (I bet Zelda can...)
Nonono.. you have it all wrong, the screaming is ONLY while they are flying through the air. Once they land, it will be silent... oh so silent. Apart from the ocational whimper.