Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
richough3
Enthusiast
richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Missing blank spaces in ToC

I have a few Epub titles I converted from Mobipocket using Calibre, but I have noticed in ADE that I am missing the blank spaces when I look at the table of contents with ADE. Is there a specific code I can insert that will allow the blank lines to be shown again? It shows up fine with the Sony Reader, just not ADE.
I am a complete novice to HTML, and what I have been doing to convert my ebooks is to use Mobipocket Creator to create a mobi format ebook from PDF. From there, I open the HTML file that gets created and copy and paste it into an RTF file (to maintain formatting). I then make any corrections on the RTF file, then save each chapter individually as HTML using Open Office. Next, I use a ToC file that I copied from a .LIT file I had extracted and link it to the chapter HTML files. Afterwards, I use Mobipocket Creator to create the new mobi format ebook, then use Calibre to convert the file to Epub. As convoluted as that method seems, it has allowed me to convert any non DRM'd PDF, HTML, and RTF files to mobi and epub format with very minimal knowledge of HTML.
richough3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why do you want these space wasters?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
richough3
Enthusiast
richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richough3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For collected works and their contents. Even though HarryT has done a Sherlock Holmes Omnibus, I wanted to make one that has all the stories listed in the ToC so that I have the option of going to the selection of collected short stories or accessing them directly. So, instead of showing up as:

A Study In Scarlet
The Sign of the Four
The Hound of the Baskervilles
The Valley of Fear
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
I. A Scandal in Bohemia
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
I. Silver Blaze

I'd rather it be:

A Study In Scarlet
The Sign of the Four
The Hound of the Baskervilles
The Valley of Fear

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
I. A Scandal in Bohemia

The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
I. Silver Blaze
richough3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Well, instead of trying to get blank lines inserted, I went with collapsible menus. Of course, only Adobe Digital Editions seems to show collapsible menus, but the regular blank lines show up in the Sony eBook Library or FBReader. I used Jellby's Epub version of Sylvie and Bruno for my example. Basically, you just move the </navPoint> for the Book to the end of the Chapter so the menu becomes collapsible in the toc.ncx file.

Non collapsible menu

Title Page
Book 1
Chapter 1

<navMap>
<navPoint id="titlepage" playOrder="1">
<navLabel>
<text>Title Page</text>
</navLabel>
<content src="title_page.xhtml"/>
</navPoint>
<navPoint id="Book01" playOrder="2">