Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #46
dugbug
Addict
dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle
If you have not done so, is it possible to create a link in the guide to download the latest guide itself? I don't know if that is possible given the fact that the guide is being "read" at that moment.
dugbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:20 PM   #47
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugbug View Post
If you have not done so, is it possible to create a link in the guide to download the latest guide itself? I don't know if that is possible given the fact that the guide is being "read" at that moment.
It's already in the guide, take a look at the second page.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 12:21 AM   #48
elfchief
elfchief began at the beginning.

I've only poked at this briefly (so far!) but it seems like a great idea, so I'll definitely be poking more.

The one bit of feedback I have so far, though, is that the list isn't actually alphabetical... at least, not in the sense the term is usually used in dealing with books. You have, for example, "A Christmas Carol" listed under A, when instead it should be under C. Makes it hard to find things!

Other than that, looks good so far, keep up the good work!
elfchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:12 AM   #49
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfchief View Post
I've only poked at this briefly (so far!) but it seems like a great idea, so I'll definitely be poking more.

The one bit of feedback I have so far, though, is that the list isn't actually alphabetical... at least, not in the sense the term is usually used in dealing with books. You have, for example, "A Christmas Carol" listed under A, when instead it should be under C. Makes it hard to find things!

Other than that, looks good so far, keep up the good work!
Yeah I agree, I'll see what I can do to fix that too.

If you know what you're looking for, the easiest way to get it, is to use the search feature on your Kindle. Just type "christmas carol" and your Kindle, will find a match in the Kindle download guide.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:32 AM   #50
geoelectric
geoelectric began at the beginning.

Hadrien,

Would it be possible to put an actual link on your site to kindleguide? I know at some point, I'll have lost the bookmark and forgotten the page name.
geoelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2008, 05:07 AM   #51
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoelectric View Post
Hadrien,

Would it be possible to put an actual link on your site to kindleguide? I know at some point, I'll have lost the bookmark and forgotten the page name.
Currently, on the main page for the public domain section, there's random tips displayed, one of them pointing to the Kindle help page: http://www.feedbooks.com/help/kindle

On the mobile edition of the website, I'll display on the homepage a link directly explaining how the guide works.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #52
geoelectric
geoelectric began at the beginning.

Awesome. BTW, now that I've had a chance to examine the guide further, I'm quite impressed. This really is about the most convenient way I can think of to download, and I love the "lists" and commentary. Well done!
geoelectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #53
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoelectric View Post
Awesome. BTW, now that I've had a chance to examine the guide further, I'm quite impressed. This really is about the most convenient way I can think of to download, and I love the "lists" and commentary. Well done!
Yeah, it's very convenient to download books this way. Too bad that you can't overwrite a file on the Kindle though, it would make the process of updating the guide easier.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #54
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
GREAT STUFF!!

I mean, theoretically, at least. Now, if my Kindle would only arrive, I'd be in seventh heaven! Till then, I'm searching and learning everything I can about how to use it. THIS is a marvelous addition!!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #55
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Hadrien,

Very cool service sir! Now if only my Kindle would arrive so I could use it ;-)
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:30 AM   #56
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Just launched a mobile edition of Feedbooks at http://www.feedbooks.com/mobile

Posted a dedicated thread here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19465

Any Kindle user tried this yet ? I'd like to link the guide to a few pages of the mobile edition, for example, clicking on "Science Fiction" would list all SF books on the mobile edition. Same stuff for recently added books and top downloaded books.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #57
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Added a few links in the guide that will point directly to the mobile website. This way, if you searched for "Accelerando" for example, when you open the guide and see "Science Fiction" you can also click on it. This will redirect you to the mobile website, where you'll be able to browse all Science Fiction books, and also take a look at the recently added and top downloaded SF books.

Next step for mobile Feedbooks + Kindle will be support for comments. This way, as soon as you've finished reading a book on your Kindle, you'll be able to leave your impressions on the book.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #58
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
I tried it on my Kindle and it works really well. Thanks man!

But for now, I still prefer your Auto-download guide since that one is searchable directly on Kindle. Do you provide more books on the website than the guide book?
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:06 PM   #59
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Well, you might get a few more books since it's instantly updated.

It's just a different way to access our database of books. For example, the guide is perfect if you're searching for a book. But if you're for example looking for a new detective story, you can't see the most popular books on the guide, while you can on the mobile website.

I consider that both of them are useful, but for different purposes. I like the fact that we can link together those e-books, the guide and the mobile version. I'll keep on improving things this way.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #60
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

The guide is now auto-generated every 48H.
You can now log-in, post comments, get recommendations etc... on the mobile website.

Even if you're using the guide, I recommend to log in at least once on the mobile website. This way, it'll log your downloads and provide you with customized recommended books.