Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
garyriley1982@yahoo.co.uk
Edge User

European Woes

When will the eDGe be available in the UK?

I've been waiting ages, i understand its modern tech, and Japan/USA hate us to much that we always get things last, but its been months now...

when in the forseeable future will i be able to purchase one,

Oh, and when we do then them, will it be the first builds, or will we get access to the improved versions appearing this month?

Cheers,

Gary

Old 05-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
garyriley1982@yahoo.co.uk
Edge User

thanks for your prompt reply Borisb,

What are these "various services in the US that will ship to the UK on my behalf"? i thought, as with most things for us Europeans, unless you have a US bank account and US Billing/Shipping address you cant buy from the US...

Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
MadJakkle
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyriley1982@yahoo.co.uk View Post
thanks for your prompt reply Borisb,

What are these "various services in the US that will ship to the UK on my behalf"? i thought, as with most things for us Europeans, unless you have a US bank account and US Billing/Shipping address you cant buy from the US...
Drop us a PM mate, i've had my edge in the UK since the beginning of April.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
///Maui
Edge User

If you know anyone in the US couldn't they just buy it for you and ship it to you?

Old 05-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
vicinc
Edge User

I am in uk and lucky edge owner due to a good friend in us. so it can be done

Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
Yellowman1
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyriley1982@yahoo.co.uk View Post
When will the eDGe be available in the UK?

I've been waiting ages, i understand its modern tech, and Japan/USA hate us to much that we always get things last, but its been months now...

when in the forseeable future will i be able to purchase one,

Oh, and when we do then them, will it be the first builds, or will we get access to the improved versions appearing this month?

Cheers,

Gary
Hi Gary,

If you want the eDGe I can get it for you and ship it to you (I live in NY). I just ordered one for someone in the Netherlands and once it gets to me I'm sending it to him. No, I don't do this for any sort of compensation, just helping out others that want the eDGe but can't get it directly on their own. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers,

Old 05-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
Leadlight
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowman1 View Post
Hi Gary,

If you want the eDGe I can get it for you and ship it to you (I live in NY). I just ordered one for someone in the Netherlands and once it gets to me I'm sending it to him. No, I don't do this for any sort of compensation, just helping out others that want the eDGe but can't get it directly on their own. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers,
if only there were more people like you...

Old 05-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
cramirezorl
Edge User

It´s been a hard time (more than 2 months) and a hard work, but finally I´ve get my edge in Spain. I used myus, but take care, with personal shopper (you need a USA credit card), taxes and shipment it´s around 600 €.

The edge is absolutely functional, you have all the features in Europe and...waiting the new updated in last week of may.

Borisb, thank you, I´ve been following your posts from the begining, any twitter direction?

Old 05-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #9
vicinc
Edge User

you have to be in a certain generation or state of mind to tweet!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramirezorl View Post
I used myus, but take care, with personal shopper (you need a USA credit card), taxes and shipment it´s around 600 €.
Ouch! That's quite a mark-up (€600 = US$780).

Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #11
supercap
Edge User

I got here (Italy) my eDGe in 10 days and 610€ (70€ only for customs tax)...

Old 05-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
vicinc
Edge User

custom tax adds quite a lot to it

Old 05-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
vicinc
Edge User

we, Europeans always pay 20-30% more on electronics....

Old 05-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #14
edgelover
Edge User

Wow and I thought we were the unlucky ones here getting things late, Thank God

Old 05-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #15
sjarrel
Edge User

I just discovered that there is a new official Dutch website "Entourageedge.nl". It seems that de EE will be available in Europe very soon. In the disclaimer is spoken that the price will be in euros, but not the amount jet. There are already links to other (Dutch) sites, so I think (and hope) they will soon deliver over here. I still have to wait 10 days before my eDGe is in my hands. Maybe I will still be the first Dutchman to realy enjoy the device.