Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Reventlov
Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo H2O
Intercept and stop keys

Hello. I'm searching for a way to stop events triggered by buttons on my kindle 4NT.
I want a way to execute a script until any button is pressed, and to go on the homepage then.
Currently, I use waitforkey, but the buttons trigger the menu, the virtual keyboard and other things, I want to avoid that.
Code:
waitforkey;
# Resume the interface
killall -CONT cvm;
# Go Home
echo "send 101" > /proc/keypad
Reventlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
killall -stop cvm

killall -cont cvm

? Don't have a 4 mate.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Reventlov
Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.Reventlov is no e-book dilettante.

I don't understand what do you means by «*Don't have a 4 mate*».
Old 12-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reventlov View Post
I don't understand what do you means by «*Don't have a 4 mate*».
He does not have a K4 model to test the suggestion on.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
Reventlov

Well, I use first "killall -stop cvm" to avoid the kindle to come back at the homepage when I launch my programm which show an image using eips, then when I*want to go back to homepage I launch "killall -cont cvm" to resume cvm.
Note: cvm == C virtual machine which is a java virtual machine used by the kindle
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hi. yes. cvm. little version of big virtual machine.

so you have your answer then?

-stop and -cont were what you wanted?

Thanks. I'm not really sure if you are actually happy : )
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote