Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Folder levels - any isues?

I want to organize my ebooks in folders on my new Gen3. On the jetBook there is an issue that there should not be >2 levels of folders (or file opening time goes way up). I am wondering if there is a similiar issue on the Gen3? Do I have to put my ebboks under the "ebook" folder? Well, I tried a test and the answer seems to be "no" - but will I disrupt anything if I go ahead and put 20-30 author folders on the top level? I am not using dictionaries so that top-level search shouldn't be an issue.

Also, using a SD card seems to use up more battery on the jetBook. Anyone know if this also true on the Gen3? I prefer to just leave the device ON rather than off/on so that it is ready to read - a great advantage of eink in my opinion, but I am just concerned that the SD card may be draining power...

With almost 1GB of internal user storage I really don't need the SD card. I just bought it to make sure the SD card-reader worked (which it does!).

I appreciate all advice. The user guides that I have are all (3) rather outdated and do NOT match up very well with my actual device software, which is not 2.0 although it supports Adobe DE/epub (1.14.9-1 whatever that means!).
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:36 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I never noticed anything weirdo with folders. Should work no problem.

Quote:
Also, using a SD card seems to use up more battery on the jetBook. Anyone know if this also true on the Gen3? I prefer to just leave the device ON rather than off/on so that it is ready to read - a great advantage of eink in my opinion, but I am just concerned that the SD card may be draining power...
As far as I know, the gen3 goes into sleep mode. SD card should not change anything
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 03:40 AM   #3
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Ill continue under that assumption then and see how it goes.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I've used folders at least three levels deep, counting from the root directory of the drive, without any problems. I've not tested whether books are allowed outside of /eBooks, but that's because I'm using Calibre exclusively and it puts them there by default. I don't see any reason to change that.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I've used folders at least three levels deep, counting from the root directory of the drive, without any problems. I've not tested whether books are allowed outside of /eBooks, but that's because I'm using Calibre exclusively and it puts them there by default. I don't see any reason to change that.

books are allowed outside of /ebooks (at least in 1.5) ...

I have my dictionaries in /ebooks and all other books in /mybooks.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
rgeorg
Guru

Thanks all!
Sounds like a flexible folder organization. It is very speedy on opening books and page turns and I don't think I'd go more than 3 levels deep (ebooks/genre/author).

I'm enjoying reading on it - on my 3rd book in as many days...