Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
OpenOffice to ePub export extension

Hi all,

I'm working on a extension for OpenOffice.org that export Writer documents to ePub, called writer2epub.

Have you downloaded the last version 1.1.7?
Now the extension is available through the OOo Extension Repository:
http://extensions.services.openoffic...ct/Writer2ePub

For support, questions, suggestions, insults, please write to:
writer2epub@gmail.com

This extension is still in a development stage, so please use it carefully, and only on copies of your original files.

Luke

Last edited by eBookLuke; 12-11-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: New version!
Old 01-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
kiermel
Enthusiast
kiermel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Many luck with. I've tried but I just create a folder and not an ePub. Also has no content.
Molti fortuna. Ho provato, ma ho appena creare una cartella e non un epub. Inoltre non ha contenuto.
Advert
Old 01-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiermel View Post
Many luck with. I've tried but I just create a folder and not an ePub.
This macro creates both a folder and the .epub file. Try the attached latest version. Please remember to change the .zip estention to .oxt before double click on it to install in OOo.

Luke

Now, you will find newest versions of my macros in my blog

Last edited by eBookLuke; 05-02-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
kiermel
Enthusiast
kiermel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Smile

Thanks a lot eBookLuke
I'll try it.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:48 AM   #5
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Hi,

I want to try it too, I love work on openoffice writer, and this extension could make easier to work with a lot of documents to epub. Is it so easy as to change the extension and install it?
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

NEW VERSION 0.1.3

Hi all,

this version of Writer2Epub is working quite well.

Now most formatting are preserved, the generated epub is well readable in almost all readers.
Still doesn't pass the validation, but I know why and I'm working to solve all problems.
At the moment, no images are exported, will be a feature available in a next version.

You will find the generated epub in the same folder of the original file. In the same place you will also find a folder with the content of the epub files itself. This folder is only for debug purposes, and if you're not a programmer you can discard it.

Please remember that is just a beta version, and to work only with a copy of your files. Even if the macro preserves the original file, there is no warranty against damages to your files, computer, room, building or even your town.

Please let me know your opinion.

Luke

Last edited by eBookLuke; 05-02-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #7
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
eBookLuke, I tried the 0.0.9 version, and I'm very satisfied with it. It's fast, it maintains the chapters structure, and I can work with it from a writer I Know quite well, so for me is fantastic. I'm not a programmer, only an avid reader. Hope you can fix images, some books need them to be completed.
I will try this another version on weekend, if I can. Thank you again for your work.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

New version 0.1.8

Hi,

This version adds a lot of new functions, and produces a good ePub readable on most readers and ADE.
Still no images, TOC, tables, styles management and font embedding.
The ePub still doesn't passes the validation.

I still searching for xhtml, css and epub guru to help me for checking the extension's output.

Luke

Last edited by eBookLuke; 05-02-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #9
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Looking forward to this. I have a bunch of old books for a ways back in txt format. I should be able to import them using this?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 AM   #10
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Looking forward to this. I have a bunch of old books for a ways back in txt format. I should be able to import them using this?
If you can open a file in OOo Writer, you can save it in .epub.

But the purpose of my extension is not a mass conversion (look at Calibre for this), but a quality conversion. My goal is to obtain a clean and perfect epub with just a click. No setups, no parameter regolations, just what you see on the screen is what you get in epub.

Moreover, the generated code wants to be easily readable when opened with a epub editor, as Sigil, and to be a good base for andvance editing.

Luke
Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #11
andymillson
eBook Fan
andymillson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600, Apple iPad
writer2epub Help needed

I am running OOo on Mac OSX 10.6

I have downloaded all 3 versions of the plugin from this forum, and installed them

Only the first one seems to make any change to OO. I get an export to epub button, but only with 0.0.9. If i try the other two, I cannot see any change. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Andy
Old 02-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #12
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymillson View Post
I am running OOo on Mac OSX 10.6

I have downloaded all 3 versions of the plugin from this forum, and installed them

Only the first one seems to make any change to OO. I get an export to epub button, but only with 0.0.9. If i try the other two, I cannot see any change. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Andy
Some of them are .zipped files, please unzip it and launch to install. Newer versions will replace the olders

Luke
Old 02-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #13
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
If you can open a file in OOo Writer, you can save it in .epub.

But the purpose of my extension is not a mass conversion (look at Calibre for this), but a quality conversion. My goal is to obtain a clean and perfect epub with just a click. No setups, no parameter regolations, just what you see on the screen is what you get in epub.

Moreover, the generated code wants to be easily readable when opened with a epub editor, as Sigil, and to be a good base for advance editing.

Luke
Yes thats along the lines I was thinking. I do use Calibre and Sigil as well. Calibre is great but when I convert txt books I get tons of the question marks. Even though the txt eBooks are clean and in good shape. Ive used Sigl to go through and correct these. Buts its massively time consuming.

Just being able to import txt into OOo and creating an epub and then importing it into Sigil for more advanced editing would be a great thing.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #14
andymillson
eBook Fan
andymillson began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600, Apple iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
Some of them are .zipped files, please unzip it and launch to install. Newer versions will replace the olders

Luke
Using the default Mac GUI zip utility unzipped the files as a folder, using the CLI unzipped them as an .oxt.

Installing this worked

Now to do some testing

Thanks again Luke for the plugin and your help

Andy
Old 02-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #15
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
I've tried this extention in Open Office and I've got a strange result when I am exporting any small capitals.

I end up getting: <p>&lsquo;S\ko\k\km\k\ke\k\ko\k\kn\k\ke\k \ki\k\ks\k \kl\k\ko\k\ko\k\kk\k\ki\k\kn\k\kg\k for you, captain.&rsquo;</p>

for the line: ‘Someone is looking for you, captain.’

"‘Someone is looking" is the part is small caps.

Are small caps working in this yet?
Closed Thread