Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #46
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Have you looked on ebay? There's some available there, both US and Canada...
Yes, but not the "official" Kobo case (which I prefer).
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #47
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I bought mine (official, grey) at amazon or ebay, I don't remember well.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #48
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
If you don't want to improvise and make a sleep cover out of another cover (by adding a magnet), your best bet might be to order the one you found from Canada.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #49
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Search for Kobo mini sleepcover. There are 2 colors including the grey fabric one I got from Indigo/chapters. Same price, $29 + about $7 for shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N705-KBO-3GY...item4d0a6fce4c

Last edited by Cdesja5; 05-05-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #50
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Someone just posted a link to this site on another thread, and I saw this Kobo Mini case. It's not the official one but very similar. Well, on second look, I think it is the official cover.
Advert
Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #51
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks everyone. I found a local source after some Googling and had no idea they carried Kobo readers and accessories. I made a trip and found the Kobo cover - what luck!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #52
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Someone just posted a link to this site on another thread, and I saw this Kobo Mini case. It's not the official one but very similar. Well, on second look, I think it is the official cover.
Thanks, booklover6 - that was the one I was looking for and found.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #53
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

That's awesome! Glad you found one. That is such a nice feature. I don't know that I will ever buy another reader without the sleep cover feature.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #54
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
On sale at JB Hi-Fi for $49 at the moment. Fits in the back pocket, so might just be a palm m500 replacement for reading. Had only been carrying a phone around, so reading less as the phone is useless in bright sunshiine, which around here is a lot.

Maybe not as sharp as the kindle keyboard with whatever the latest software is for that, but only had it for a day, so haven't tuned anything.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #55
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
On sale at JB Hi-Fi for $49 at the moment. Fits in the back pocket, so might just be a palm m500 replacement for reading. Had only been carrying a phone around, so reading less as the phone is useless in bright sunshiine, which around here is a lot.

Maybe not as sharp as the kindle keyboard with whatever the latest software is for that, but only had it for a day, so haven't tuned anything.
welcome to the Mini crowd
yet, I would not keep it in the back pocket - although smaller screens are less prone to breakage, the glass-substrate used by the e-ink technology is rather thin, quite different from a phone, so personally I wouldn't take the chance.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:58 AM   #56
Thalass
Thalass knows what's going on.Thalass knows what's going on.Thalass knows what's going on.Thalass knows what's going on.Thalass knows what's going on.Thalass knows what's going on.Thalass knows what's going on.Thalass knows what's going on.Thalass knows what's going on.Thalass knows what's going on.Thalass knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Mini
I bought my Mini at JB on sale. I have to say the price was a big factor. I had just been on a flight, and the woman next to me had an ereader (a kindle with a keyboard, i think.) - and the next day i saw they were on sale at JB. I always thought that paying over $100 for a single-use device seemed a bit silly. Though after using the Mini for a few weeks i might be wrong about that. The Mini is just the right size for reading on the go. I normally read on my Galaxy Note (5.3" screen), but reading in sunlight is nearly impossible. The e-ink screen works fine, and the long battery life is a great thing.

It's rare that i don't have some small regret after splashing out for some electronic device, but with this one i'm very happy. If i were to buy a second ebook reader i'd probably go for the Kobo Glo, but at $100 more than the Mini it'd be a hard sell.
Thalass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #57
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

A lighted Mini with a slim fitting snap on case would be SO perfect. I sure hope they make one. I love my Mini but really prefer the lighted reader.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #58
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
A lighted Mini with a slim fitting snap on case would be SO perfect.
and the light - then I'd buy a Mini for everyone I know
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #59
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Then I'd buy several for me, in case something bad happens to the "main" one
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #60
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Wanna be my friend

Or at least give me the claim of "someone you know"
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote