Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-23-2014, 01:40 PM   #46
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
If you are loading books via Calibre, you can embed your font and font size and justify it, before you send it. You can probably do the same with line spacing, not sure about margins. That is what I do.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #47
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Just want to use the Reader...

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
If you are loading books via Calibre, you can embed your font and font size and justify it, before you send it. You can probably do the same with line spacing, not sure about margins. That is what I do.
Are you saying there is no way to do this with just the reader? I have no interest in Calibre or Apprentice Alf.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #48
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
It shows up for me -- limit 16, but I only put one in my cart to check.
That's odd. If I do a search on TigerDirect I just get the two $70+ ones. If I click my link in the first post of this thread, I get the T2, but without a price and a "only available in stores" message. When I click "which stores" (or however they say it), I get one "hit," in Ponce, Puerto Rico.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #49
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
So I finally got back from DC today. Unpacked the T2. The box is in perfect shape, green refurbished sticker on the outside as others have mentioned. The reader itself is in perfect shape. I plugged it into a 12 watt ipad charger and left it for an hour or so, while unpacking and puttering about the house. Came back and it hadn't charged. Puzzled, I unplugged it and plugged it in via USB to my laptop. It started charging right away, installing reader software and firmware! So, as others have said in this thread, be sure to connect the reader to your PC via USB before you do anything! I have gotten it mostly charged up and have put some books on it via Calibre. I can't seem to figure out how to get my kobo books onto it, though. The software isn't very intuitive. But I use Calibre for the most part, anyways, so it's all good, I suppose. :-)

Will be reading on it tonight, and should have a better idea of how I like it after that. I love my 350's, so I suspect it will be enjoyable.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #50
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
Are you saying there is no way to do this with just the reader? I have no interest in Calibre or Apprentice Alf.
No, other than the stock fonts and font sizes, you can't alter line spacing or margins or add fonts.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:41 AM   #51
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Well, I got mine today and I haven't had a chance to try it out because it's no better than the T1 at accessing dropbox where my books are hiding. In fact it might be worse. Boo.
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #52
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloude View Post
Well, I got mine today and I haven't had a chance to try it out because it's no better than the T1 at accessing dropbox where my books are hiding. In fact it might be worse. Boo.

I was able to access and download books to my PRS-T2 from my Dropbox account with few issues. I had to use the browser, but now that I have a bookmark set to it, I'm able to grab books quickly.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #53
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
That's not the Touch, that's the Basic. Entirely different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's a Kindle non-touch that's the lightning deal.
I knew I should have gone back and checked before I posted. I'm not a Kindle girl and lost track of the models after my son got his Kindle Touch. Sorry! Thanks for the catch!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #54
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Now that I've got one on the way, what's a good cover for this model? If it helps for you to know my "type," I think that the Octovo Vintage cover on my Kindle is just about the most awesome thing ever.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #55
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
I was able to access and download books to my PRS-T2 from my Dropbox account with few issues. I had to use the browser, but now that I have a bookmark set to it, I'm able to grab books quickly.
Do you have any suggestions on what you tried? I can't even log in. First I get a bunch of security certificate expired warnings, then when I get to the sign-in screen and enter my info, the button flashes so I know it sees me press it, but the page doesn't change. When I try the mobile site I get a 403 error. Clearing the cookies didn't change anything.
stormcloude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #56
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
I received the two I ordered today. I've only opened one, and it didn't turn on right out of the box, but it did as soon as I plugged it in to my high-powered charger. I paid about $130-sh plus shipping for my T1 a few years ago, so it blows my mind to get two T2s for $60. The T1 is still my favorite reader, so I can't wait to get started with the T2. The only negative so far: the newer button style really is scratchy around the corners. However, the buttons depress more easily, and if I take a small file to the edges of these buttons, that could do the trick quite nicely. I do much prefer the matte finish, as much as I love my glossy red T1.

I haven't kept up with what devices are rootable, but if this model/firmware version is, I might try it with one of them. Is anyone else doing this?
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #57
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I like the T2 buttons better! And so handy, I love using the page turn buttons.

I think it is rootable but not going to bother. I did root my T1 and it occasionally had problems. It ran better not rooted.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #58
kyrilson
Fanatic

Quote:
I like the T2 buttons better! And so handy, I love using the page turn buttons.

I think it is rootable but not going to bother. I did root my T1 and it occasionally had problems. It ran better not rooted.
I like the buttons a lot. They're similar to the ones on my 350s, but the t2 is much lighter so its a lot more of a comfortable read.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:29 AM   #59
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
When I go to the Sony PRS-T2 page and try to download the last firmware update (for Mac), I get a "File not Found" error. Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea where else I might get the latest update?

Last edited by cghipp; 06-27-2014 at 01:35 AM.
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:38 AM   #60
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghipp View Post
When I go to the Sony PRS-T2 page and try to download the last firmware update (for Mac), I get a "File not Found" error. (It won't even SHOW me the MAC software - when I choose Mac, it sends me links to Windows software.) Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea where else I might get the latest update?
This is going to happen a lot with various devices' firmware. If you buy a Samsung SSD to replace the main drive you now use, this will even happen when you want to update its firmware before installing it.

If I were you, I might consider either:

installing Windows 7 or 8.1 on a separate partition to access with Bootcamp, or

buying an inexpensive windows laptop and using it for this purpose.

You might find this discussion useful, since it appears that FW 10.05.12140 is specifically for European models and wouldn't work anyway. The page with the error message might be for that specific release.

This seems to be the correct page for updating U.S. firmware (though I can't test the link because my MBP is at home):

U.S. Support Page for the PRS-T2

The latest (and probably last) FW update for the U.S. version of the T2 is 1.1.00.15240. Its purpose is to replace the connection to the Sony Store over Wifi with a connection to Kobo, and to disable features associated with the Sony Store (syncing annotations, bookmarks, FB sharing through the Sony Store, etc.).

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 06-27-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote