Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #76
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Thanks for the link, but I think I'll try to find a way to get the Kobo pink cover, which has a strap (I love the straps too).
The strap would definitely make the difference. My Glo has the case with the strap, so I don't worry about the cover moving around and discharging the battery. But I also wish it had a magnetic closure, so I ordered a cover for that too, from that Amazon site. Choices are good! I'd have ordered a brown, but they don't make it in brown, I guess.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #77
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I would never buy a cover again without the strap, or I'd sew one myself. When reading, I pull back the front cover, pull the strap over it, and slide my hand between both back and front cover to hold it, with my thumb free in order to tip the display for turning the pages.

I have tried many different kind of covers and this is the most comfy position for me to read.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #78
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I would never buy a cover again without the strap, or I'd sew one myself. When reading, I pull back the front cover, pull the strap over it, and slide my hand between both back and front cover to hold it, with my thumb free in order to tip the display for turning the pages.

I have tried many different kind of covers and this is the most comfy position for me to read.
I just tried that with my Glo, and I like it! Thanks for the tip! I like cases that are made with hand straps (Marware makes some like that) but haven't seen any for the Kobo line. Your tip solves that!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #79
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
On a side note, I just received my Kobo Mini which I like much, much better than my Aura. I like the size of course, but also the menu which I find super confusing on the Aura. Weird, I know, but now I am thinking that I should have bought the Glo instead of the Aura.
Welcome to the Mini world \(^_^)/
It fits almost anywhere, that's so great

Quote:

I've never thought of that. Now I have to try
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #80
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Ok..Samhy here are some pix.... Opus, Kobo-mini and PB360+..... used my android phone camera...

not a photographer...so do not expect much...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0168.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	808.3 KB
ID:	105982   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0172.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	105983   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0173.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	105984   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0174.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	105985  
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #81
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oops.....sorry about the sideways...look..not sure how that happened....
Old 05-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #82
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
...I just received my Kobo Mini...
Congrats! I like them both for different reasons, though a Mini reader with an HD screen and light would be my ultimate choice.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:44 AM   #83
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Congrats! I like them both for different reasons, though a Mini reader with an HD screen and light would be my ultimate choice.
I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday evening. I would not even need the HD, but a light would instantly bring me in heaven.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #84
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks for the link, but I think I'll try to find a way to get the Kobo pink cover, which has a strap (I love the straps too).
That cover seems very rare, but I found one here, not sure if they can ship it to you but maybe you can take a look.

familychristian.com
Old 05-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #85
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
That cover seems very rare, but I found one here, not sure if they can ship it to you but maybe you can take a look.

familychristian.com
I would suggest that anyone who is going to buy from Family Christian to first sign up with an email address. They send out lots of digital coupons, usually 25% off or better. They also do free shipping if you spend more than $40.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #86
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I just got the Mini today in the mail. It's great - it really is quite tiny, and I love absolutely the screen. The fonts are so dark and the screen is so bright. Maybe it's because the casing on mine is black, but I really am impressed with the contrast. I might need to look more into the Kobo brand in the future.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #87
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I just got the Mini today in the mail. It's great - it really is quite tiny, and I love absolutely the screen. The fonts are so dark and the screen is so bright. Maybe it's because the casing on mine is black, but I really am impressed with the contrast. I might need to look more into the Kobo brand in the future.
Glad to see you like it. Welcome aboard!
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #88
hidari
MR Drone

What glitches if any do you Kobo-mini users have?
Old 05-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #89
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
What glitches if any do you Kobo-mini users have?
I've only had mine a couple weeks. No glitches.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #90
wayne2612
Enthusiast
wayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 6, iPad 3, MacBook Pro with Retina
i've had my kobo mini for several months now. before that i used to have a sony prs-350. after using the kobo mini for a few weeks i sold the sony. i liked the sony but the kobo, whilst having the same size screen as the sony was a little bit smaller and easier to transport and hold. i also prefer the software on the kobo in comparison to the sony offering, and it's also much easier to side load books onto the kobo. i had nothing but problems with the sony desktop software and trying to sync my books across.
if the mini had a built in light like the glo it'd be a perfect machine.
wayne2612 is offline   Reply With Quote