Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #16
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I highly suggest getting the free app:
Quick System Info Pro
http://www.amazon.com/Shawn-Q-Quick-...3039438&sr=8-1

this will let you all see which apps are taking up all your 1 GB of space on the Fire and which ones are the big hitters.
It shows you you only get 1 GB of app space as well
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #17
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Now with the Fire's 6.2.1 update, they have now made this much more visible and know to all instead of it being a secret about the 1 GB max for apps
Old 12-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Now with the Fire's 6.2.1 update, they have now made this much more visible and know to all instead of it being a secret about the 1 GB max for apps
Yes it was much needed. It was the first thing I noticed after I updated.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #19
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
If you are a free app junkie just don't load the app on the device unless you are going to use it. Let it stay in the cloud.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #20
howardintexas
howardintexas began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
I've used Quick System Info PRO to get the lowdown on my application storage space (Internal storage space), and the numbers are not adding up... there are 159 MB unaccounted for that is being used up. Seeing as how we only have a little over 1GB of internal storage for apps and there are some apps which decide to store a lot of their code in internal storage, I'd sure like to figure out what is using up that 159 MB in case I can clear it out somehow.

I've wondered if perhaps this has something to do with fragmenting of the drive or perhaps "stuff left over" after uninstalling apps as some of you have mentioned, but I haven't found anything conclusive from searching online.

To figure this all out I used the Applications listing (the "All" listing) in the Quick System Pro and added up every app size (they added to 199 MB) and then compared it to the smaller number shown in the "Used" summary which shows when I click on "Internal storage" on the "Basic info" page (358 MB). All of these numbers in the Quick System Pro should be of a consistent "unit size", so I'm pretty sure I've got the numbers added up right. (and I am very aware of the whole power of 2 issue which confuses everyone regarding KBytes, MBytes, etc. - for example, 1 MB is 2 to the power of 20 Bytes = 1,048,576 Bytes -> but I am very sure that is not what is messing up my calculations, and even if it was it wouldn't make much dent in the 159 MB unaccounted for space).

Any ideas?
howardintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #21
salsaguy
Addict

Get the Sandisk Memory Zone app sideloaded on your fire to get all the details of the Fires files and memory usage
Old 12-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #22
salsaguy
Addict

Of course that only applies to Amazon store apps, not the sideloaded apps, and since most app junkies are also techies, those are the ones who are sideloading the apps not available @ amazon and taking up all their space on the Fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
If you are a free app junkie just don't load the app on the device unless you are going to use it. Let it stay in the cloud.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Of course that only applies to Amazon store apps, not the sideloaded apps, and since most app junkies are also techies, those are the ones who are sideloading the apps not available @ amazon and taking up all their space on the Fire.
You can store the sideloaded apps (apks) on Dropbox then download when needed.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #24
salsaguy
Addict

yes that is what I do
Old 02-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #25
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
OK, also got hit with the "low APP memory" message.

1 GB max for apps???
Sigh, one more reason why I think that android is not my preferred mobile OS... (I keep getting hit by the 32 GB limitation for apps on my iPad)

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #26
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
using i.e. Titanium Backup Pro makes it possible to move apps in the 5GB space. Of course Fire therefore has to be rooted.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
OK, also got hit with the "low APP memory" message.

1 GB max for apps???
Sigh, one more reason why I think that android is not my preferred mobile OS... (I keep getting hit by the 32 GB limitation for apps on my iPad)

Best regards,
Andy
That's actually pretty good most only have half of that. Of course on others you can move apps to SD Card on the Fire you can't.

Here's what you can do. Go through your apps and keep only the ones you use. Then backup the ones you might use or are interested in with ES File Explorer's App Manager. Keep the apks in a folder on the Fire. It only takes less then a minute to install an app. I do this on my phone which has 256MB of space for apps but 2GB SD Card.