Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #151
kiermel
Enthusiast
kiermel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, iPad, iPhone
Luke, the link english to Writer to ePub 1.0.9 RC in your site don't work
The link italian works fine

I don't know what happens, because the link I think is the same.

Last edited by kiermel; 08-14-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:32 AM   #152
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiermel View Post
Luke, the link english to Writer to ePub 1.0.9 RC in your site don't work
Sorry, now is working…

In a few days I will release the new 1.1.x version. This version has new features and many bug solved:

- Metadata editor
- Preference panel
- Automatic file split
- Better CSS
- Style detection improved
- etc etc etc…

The next version will be release trough the OOo Estension Repository:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/
In this way you can also update the extensio automatically every time a new version will be available!
Stay tuned

Luke
Old 09-14-2010, 01:42 AM   #153
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
The next version will be release trough the OOo Estension Repository
WOOOHoooooooo!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #154
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry, now is working…

In a few days I will release the new 1.1.x version. This version has new features and many bug solved
Its been a few days??

Since this is your Sticky thread it is a important that you keep the first post up to date. That is where people check to see the status of your progress.

Good Luck.

PS. I'm sorry I don't have time for translation or instruction cleanup at present. I find your English very good, but I'm sure there are many folks here who would love to tweak your instructions into a more formal English if you want the help.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #155
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm working on a extension for OpenOffice.org that export Writer documents to ePub, called writer2epub.
The extension is in advanced stage, and it is working quite well.
To complete it I'm looking for people expert in OOo macro programming, xhtml and epub expert and, why not, translators.
A working preview is downloadable from this Italian forum
I expect to complete it in two/four week, with a little help from you.

If interested, please send me a private message.

Thanks

Luke

Now, you will find newest versions of my macros in my blog

MyTXTcleaner: a simple macro to remove unwanted carriage returns along a text. Almost complete and working.

writer2epub 0.1.10: an extension to export any text to epub. Version more or less working.
writer2epub 0.2.1: this version try to use xslt transformation. Faster, but very buggy.
Writer2epub is still in a development stage. The results are buggy, please use carefully.

Luke
Please update this first post so people will know the current status. People expect the information in the first post of a development item to be current.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #156
Hamid
Hamid began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 505
Why? No new version available on Luke's website. The last one dates back from August.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #157
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Future release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
Why? No new version available on Luke's website. The last one dates back from August.
Hi,

the new release has a little delay, because is a reaaly improved version.
This version, the 1.2, has a full working metadata handling, a preference window to set some option required by many people and some other new features and bug corrections.

Moreover, will be released by the official OOo extension repository, and updated automatically with future releases.

So, because there are still many little problems to solve, I kindly ask you a little of patience.

Thanks for your help

Luke
Old 10-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #158
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
I would have appreciated it - I came looking following a reference in the Calibre forum. The blog link in the first post is broken and the one to the Italian forum takes one to version 0.0.8, which seems to be very out of date.

Not wanting to sieve back through this topic I found the current (assuming 1.0.9 is current) link via Google, but having it in the first post would have been helpful, and yes, most software development threads that I've been involved with do keep the current version available via the introductory post.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #159
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy_s View Post
I would have appreciated it - I came looking following a reference in the Calibre forum. The blog link in the first post is broken.
The version listed on his blog is the current version and easily found via a link to his blog in the first post. The blog link may return a 404 error but the Writer2epub tab is in plain sight, see attached.

I agree with you though that the first post needs to be updated as I have written here and here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lukesblog.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	59181  
Old 10-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #160
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
I just tested this out with openoffice MAC version. And it works ok, except it didn't bring any of my premade styles across into the CSS file.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #161
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
I just tested this out with openoffice MAC version. And it works ok, except it didn't bring any of my premade styles across into the CSS file.
I don't think the current version does that yet, but I believe it is on the "to-do" list. As of now it fits your document into a pre-made style sheet, which of course you could modify to your heart's content.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:42 AM   #162
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
I don't think the current version does that yet, but I believe it is on the "to-do" list. As of now it fits your document into a pre-made style sheet, which of course you could modify to your heart's content.
Thanks for the Info...I'll be waiting for it to then, as I will not be able to create any template styles using OpenOffice until then...
Old 11-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #163
EricDP
Groupie
EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, BlackBerry
I'm trying to export a document and getting:
Code:
Error # 0 at line 130
Object variable not set.
I've got v1.0.9. Anybody seen this before and have any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #164
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDP View Post
I'm trying to export a document and getting:
Code:
Error # 0 at line 130
Object variable not set.
I've got v1.0.9. Anybody seen this before and have any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!
Hi,
the problem can be caused by unsupported formatting in your document.
May be you have images inside tables, or frames inside frames, or other unknown formatting.

To understand the cause, I need the original document that causes this crash.
Please send this/these document/s to writer2epub@gmail.com and I will try to solve your problem.

Plase note that your document will be used only to find the problem in W2E, and will be destroyed after the test.

Thas for your help

Luke
Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #165
EricDP
Groupie
EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, BlackBerry
I'll send it. I can reformat as required if it tries to use features not yet implemented. Let me know, thanks!
Closed Thread