Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #91
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
Solved

Nevertheless, with the transition, if this is going to automatically happen I suppose you should add a clear warning in the manual, release notes or wherever, about this issue. Or possibly a lot of noobs, like myself, are going to ask the same question.
Probably the same as I discovered here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...84#post2873484 (my problem was more adventurous though).

So technically there was a clear warning somewhere. After all, anyone running from source should've also been adventurous enough to be using the betas and should've found this out long ago.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #92
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Also, fixreleased: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...c13a4466dd3ee9

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #93
dgparryuk
Enthusiast
dgparryuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Slight oddity, not sure if it will just be mine

when the plugin updates appear if i click on them nothing happens, if i right click on them AFTER clicking on them, the update screen appears, i've tried closing & re-opening calibre but it still did it...
dgparryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:23 PM   #94
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I tend to use the keyboard a lot for operations other people mouse for.

One problem I've found in the beta is that if I drop down the past searches list (using mouse), then use the keyboard to arrow down to a past search and hit enter on the keyboard to select it, instead of the highlighted entry, I actually get one below it.

But the search history list will now have both the one I wanted and the one I actually got moved to the top of the history. That plus it feels like it takes a bit longer, suggesting maybe it's doing both searches.

The attached images shows the state of the search history just before I hit enter on 'search2', and then after.

I'm using the 32bit 1.205 beta on Win8. I've observed this problem on at least a couple of the earlier beta versions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	265
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	126846  
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:59 PM   #95
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Ahh, that explains some strange searches. I had noticed some wrong searches, but I had just thought I hit the arrow as I was hitting enter.

Should have said: 32bit Win7.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-15-2014 at 12:26 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #96
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I tend to use the keyboard a lot for operations other people mouse for.

One problem I've found in the beta is that if I drop down the past searches list (using mouse), then use the keyboard to arrow down to a past search and hit enter on the keyboard to select it, instead of the highlighted entry, I actually get one below it.

But the search history list will now have both the one I wanted and the one I actually got moved to the top of the history. That plus it feels like it takes a bit longer, suggesting maybe it's doing both searches.

The attached images shows the state of the search history just before I hit enter on 'search2', and then after.

I'm using the 32bit 1.205 beta on Win8. I've observed this problem on at least a couple of the earlier beta versions.
Does the same with Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64-bit. But if you just use the up down arrows in search works as expected.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:03 AM   #97
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sigh, yet another Qt 5 bug. https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-40807

I have implemented a workaround that prevents the incorrect item from being selected, but the search will still be done twice. For that to be fixed, we have to wait for the fix for Qt.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:13 AM   #98
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@dgparryuk: Works for me.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:22 AM   #99
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Released 1.206 with fixes for all the issues reported here. I had originally hoped to release calibre 2.0 today, but given the significant number of bugs fixed since the last beta, I decided to wait another week.

http://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/
Old 08-15-2014, 06:05 AM   #100
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Did you update the translations for the new beta?
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:09 AM   #101
dgparryuk
Enthusiast
dgparryuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@dgparryuk: Works for me.
doesn't surprise me too much...
i did say it might just be me...
dgparryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:13 AM   #102
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
Did you update the translations for the new beta?
No, translations are only updated as part of a normal release.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:13 AM   #103
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Regarding translations, it looks like that there is only missing one part (maybe since a longer time):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aufzeichnen.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	126849  
Old 08-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #104
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...8439169bda3ba1
Old 08-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #105
Divingduck
Wizard

Translation updates are done. Thanks.