Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-05-2009, 04:12 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Sound Archive of the British Library Free Online

Article here http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009...ditional-music

Quote:
To say they are diverse may be understatement. There are Geordies banging spoons, Tawang lamas blowing conch shell trumpets and Tongan tribesman playing nose flutes. And then there is the Assamese woodworm feasting on a window frame in the dead of night.

The British Library revealed it has made its vast archive of world and traditional music available to everyone, free of charge, on the internet.
Direct link: http://sounds.bl.uk/
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Thanks for the heads-up MoeJoe.

It's not just world music; I'm browsing the archives of the St Mary-le-Bow public debates - fascinating stuff I never knew existed!

Update: Drat! can't actually play the debate recording unless you're from an educational institution. I hadn't ticked the 'Only recordings everyone can play' box.

Instead I'm listening to "East Poland soundscapes: A hot afternoon on a boggy heath near Urszulin." Is that a yellow bunting? Yes, I do believe it is.

Last edited by Sparrow; 09-05-2009 at 04:39 AM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert