Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-17-2008, 02:22 AM   #1
evilcat
evilcat began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
SD/CF not working

I purchased V1 of the iliad off ebay, it was the same deal as described by another member a week ago; V1 iliad NIB + 1gb sd.

Everything was shipped promptly and the device arrived as described.

I charged the iLiad overnight and copied some pdf files to the new 1gb SD card(fat16 formatted) but after inserting the card in my iliad I am not able to see any of the files.

I have tried this with the 1gb SD that came with the unit, my 2gb SD out of my pdf and a 512mb CF card to no avail. All of them are using fat16 file system and I had them mounted on my linux box with no problems.

Is there anything that I am missing here that I need before getting the SD card to work on my iLiad.

Edit: just for reference, i am able to access all of the pdf files using a USB stick via the port on top of the iliad

Edit2: I installed the devel kit and looking at the output of dmesg it seems like the inserting/ejecting the card doesn't trigger any kernel events. It's like the slot wasn't there. I also updated to 2.12 but that didn't do much.

Thanks

Last edited by evilcat; 05-17-2008 at 05:37 AM.
evilcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Have you tried mounting the cards manually (/media/card for the MMC and /media/cf for the CF slot, i think)?
If they won't mount or error out, it's probably a faulty sample and you should arrange a return / exchange.
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
evilcat
evilcat began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcinus View Post
Have you tried mounting the cards manually (/media/card for the MMC and /media/cf for the CF slot, i think)?
If they won't mount or error out, it's probably a faulty sample and you should arrange a return / exchange.
I will give that a shot, I checked dmesg but didn't see any kernel messages of a new device being initiated so I assumed the card isn't recognized. I will probably buy one of the sandisk that is know to work.

Also is it normal for the digitizer to start going off (like im touching it) when its charging? It seems when its plugged in I am unable to use the pen and its clicking all the time by itself.
evilcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
2GB SD cards will not work. A 1GB SD card should work if it's compatible with the MMC standard (most should be). Officially, only MMC cards are supported.

I also believe that the filesystem type should be FAT32, not FAT16. That might be part of your problem.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcat View Post
Also is it normal for the digitizer to start going off (like im touching it) when its charging? It seems when its plugged in I am unable to use the pen and its clicking all the time by itself.
It's not. When you put the pen in it's silo, a micro switch inside should disable the digitizer altogether. Are you 100% sure the pen's all the way in? I had it do accidental taps while rattling inside the silo once, when i failed to store it all the way in (until it clicks).

If it clicks without the pen present anywhere near the screen, i'd say it's most definitely a botched sample and you should exchange it.
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert