Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
fenric10
fenric10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Smile Hard case for travel

Hi,

Does anyone here know of a good 'hard shell' type case for the Vox? I'm thinking of something similar to the one I use for my 2.5" portable hard drive, with internal straps, maybe a pouch for leads etc.

I need one that'll take the Vox while it's in it's leather book cover.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Fenric10
fenric10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
NotchJ
NotchJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I think every case requirement you've described is covered by the one discussed in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ferrerid=65886
NotchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenric10 View Post
Hi,

Does anyone here know of a good 'hard shell' type case for the Vox? I'm thinking of something similar to the one I use for my 2.5" portable hard drive, with internal straps, maybe a pouch for leads etc.

I need one that'll take the Vox while it's in it's leather book cover.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Fenric10
I notice it was either Best Buy or Future Shop that had a nice leather cover, but I think more towards what you are looking for is at Walmart where they have their travel laptop etc bags, and they have a nice small one that might be perfect for Vox with room for a bit more. ($20) Take a look
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
I don't think you need one, especially if it's already in a leather case. As they don't have the fragile eInk screen, they are pretty robust. I dropped mine down a flight of uncarpeted stairs yesterday. Totally undamaged.
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Yesterday the cat knocked over the new 32" flat screen TV we got for Christmas and now the picture looks like a kaleidoscope.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Aww, oldyellr. that's very sad.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #7
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
I have the one off Ebay. Its okay. I can charge while in case. The stand aspect kinda sucks. But I am happy to have a case when I take it out.
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:33 AM   #8
fenric10
fenric10 began at the beginning.

Thanks for the replies everyone!
fenric10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Vereya
Vereya began at the beginning.

I got a really nice hard leather one from Chapters when I got my Kobo, but it is originally for Blackberry. They are the the same size and fit perfectly.
Vereya is offline   Reply With Quote