Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
Rbitz
Rbitz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Post Any way to view the cover image?

Hi everyone!

In calibre, I was wondering is there a way to view the cover image of newspapers, magazines, and other content that I use the "Fetch News" button to get?

For instance, with the Washington Post, if I just click on it once in Calibre, an image of the front page comes up in the righthand column. And then on my Kindle Touch if I'm viewing my library and I press and hold the Washington Post a small image of the front page will appear next to the name and above the other menu options. So, is there a way to view a larger image of the front page in this case, or do I have to find the image in the articles? The same thing occurs with Wired. I see the cover picture in Calibre and when I press and hold on Wired, but I don't see the image anywhere in the table of contents anywhere.

Also, I used to have calibre sent magazines, newspapers, etc. to me as attachments in addition to adding them to my Kindle (not on purpose) and I noticed there was a formatting difference between the content emailed to me and the content calibre synced to my Kindle 4. Is that because the email attachments are documents and the other aren't? The email attachments wouldn't have a table of contents in a grid format, rather just a list of links. Also, when I viewed content that had been emailed to me the cover image would be on the first page.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Rbitz
Rbitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, cover, image, picture, view