Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
pcalv
pcalv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
title in save to disc

Hi

I am a recent user of Calibre due to obtaining a Kindle 3.

I am trying to get my head round how Calibre's folder structure works. I understand that it is Author -> Title -> Book files that is used.

I like to usie a folder structure of Author - Title -> Book Files. I understand this is not possible in Calibre.

As i like to browse my files using the folder structure i thought i could use the Save To Disc option. This works as i would like. The only issue i have is that when i have a book with 'The' at the start it puts at the end e.g. if i have a book called 'The Test' by Joe Bloggs. It will create a folder and file called 'Joe Bloggs - Test, The'.

I am using {authors} - {title}/{authors} - {title} for the save template. But it seems to be picking up the title sort field instead.

Any help would be appreciated.
pcalv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
You need to go to Preferences - Tweaks and look in the top window for
Code:
title_series_sorting and
save_template_title_series_sorting
Read the comments with each one to decide what you want to set them to in the bottom window.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
pcalv

Thanks for your help. That worked a treat.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Thanks jackie_w. I was just searching for same info
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
pcalv

I have another related question, hopefully simple.

I have a .mobi book with the title tag i want to edit. When i edit and save the tag in calibre it saves fine. I then Save To Disc and the folders and .mobi file created just the way i want them.

However when i copy to the Kindle, the title of the book on the Kindle is the same as before i had edited it?

It seems unlikely but does the Kindle read different title tags from calibre? It's the only thing i can think of as i have tried the save to disc and copy to kindle various times and always get the old title name.

Thanks for your help.
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I haven't used a Kindle, I'm afraid. How are you copying the mobi? I think you need to 'Send to Device' not just drag & drop to get the metadata changed.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
pcalv

Hi Jackie

Thanks for your help. The Kindle is keeping information somewhere as i i deleted the book from kindle then copied it back to the kindle. It put it back in the folder it was in previously. I guess it is a kindle issue - thanks for your help.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I have a kindle and you need to use send to device in order for the title change to show on your kindle.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
pcalv

Send To Device solved the problem. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #10
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
You need to go to Preferences - Tweaks and look in the top window for
Code:
title_series_sorting and
save_template_title_series_sorting
Read the comments with each one to decide what you want to set them to in the bottom window.
Thank you. I also was looking for this info.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote