Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #136
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Hey Marcel,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I added a patch (0.8b) to the first message in this thread, can you give it a try?
I certainly could... and did
It works like a charm, thanks a lot!
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #137
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
thanks !
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #138
omicroncz
omicroncz began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Hi,

It seems that the scribbling is really slow as it takes about 2 sec to display a letter. Is this the case in general?

Note:I have installed the updates as well.

Edit: sorry I managed to fix this by clicking Options-> Experimental updates.
Thanks for a great app!!

Last edited by omicroncz; 10-08-2012 at 08:59 AM.
omicroncz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #139
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

PDF overwrite bug

Hi,

After my father squashed a few PDFs trying to pass me his annotations, turns out we have a bug of sorts.

Steps to reproduce: Open a PDF importing annotations via xournal alternatives -> File -> Save. Your PDF is overwritten with a xournal file with the same name.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #140
MrWarper
Zealot

Tiny scroll bars!

The mini-scroll bars are perfect except that..

If you move a xournal file, it will complain that its background PDF is gone, and will let you choose 'another' background file. Hard to do with the resulting dialog...
Old 11-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #141
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
Hi,

After my father squashed a few PDFs trying to pass me his annotations, turns out we have a bug of sorts.

Steps to reproduce: Open a PDF importing annotations via xournal alternatives -> File -> Save. Your PDF is overwritten with a xournal file with the same name.

Oops that is indeed an 'annoying feature'.... I will check if I can quickly change this.
Thanks for reporting.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #142
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The mini-scroll bars are perfect except that..

If you move a xournal file, it will complain that its background PDF is gone, and will let you choose 'another' background file. Hard to do with the resulting dialog...
It took me some time to figure out what you mean. The dialog is indeed very small (still default dialog) I will see if I can easily change it.
(Tip:A xoj file is a zipped xml-file so you can probably find the original path in the xoj file when using 7zip or another unzipper.)

Thanks again.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #143
Mackx
Guru

I only had to change a few lines for both problems, so I posted patch 8c in the first message of this thread. Let me know if this indeed solves your problems.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #144
MrWarper
Zealot

Bugs fixed, two minor glitches...

Yes, it does. Everything works now. However, I've discovered yet another very minor glitch:

Open an annotated PDF via Xournal alternatives. Export it as PDF, then File -> Save, then exit Xournal. You should have your original PDF plus two new ones containing the annotations: a new PDF and a XOJ file.

If you go to 'Recently added' the PDF file is there but the XOJ won't show up. This is 'normal' because of the currently buggy auto-tagging. However, if you navigate the SD card to the right folder, you'll get the same result: the PDF file is shown, the XOJ isn't.

Of course, the XOJ file is actually there (generated by Xournal w/o problems), so ejecting and reinserting the card quickly fixes the listing, but it looks like Xournal notifies the CTB about the exported PDF but not about the XOJ file it generates...

The second glitch I've been wanting to tell you about this for ages and since you seem to be in the mood right now... could we get rid of the blank page that is compulsorily inserted at the beginning of every xournal file when importing annotated PDFs? It's the first thing I do with them every time and it's getting tiresome...

Other than that, thanks a million for the absolutely superb support
Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #145
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Yes, it does. Everything works now.
Thanks for trying so quickly
Quote:
However, I've discovered yet another very minor glitch:
Open an annotated PDF via Xournal alternatives. Export it as PDF, then File -> Save, then exit Xournal. You should have your original PDF plus two new ones containing the annotations: a new PDF and a XOJ file.

If you go to 'Recently added' the PDF file is there but the XOJ won't show up. This is 'normal' because of the currently buggy auto-tagging. However, if you navigate the SD card to the right folder, you'll get the same result: the PDF file is shown, the XOJ isn't.

Of course, the XOJ file is actually there (generated by Xournal w/o problems), so ejecting and reinserting the card quickly fixes the listing, but it looks like Xournal notifies the CTB about the exported PDF but not about the XOJ file it generates...
The code had a 'TODO:' at the location that I needed to change ....
Quote:
The second glitch I've been wanting to tell you about this for ages and since you seem to be in the mood right now... could we get rid of the blank page that is compulsorily inserted at the beginning of every xournal file when importing annotated PDFs? It's the first thing I do with them every time and it's getting tiresome...
I also noticed that, but since I do not use 'Import Only' that much I did not make time to investigate. Fortunately the problem was not that big.
Quote:
Other than that, thanks a million for the absolutely superb support
Do you have a big list of items of which you feed me two per day?

Thanks for helping to improve the xournal-port.

I am going to add the V8d-patch to the first message with fixes for the two problems in a few minutes.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #146
MrWarper
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Do you have a big list of items of which you feed me two per day?
Why? Are you waiting for the next two? *

Quote:
Thanks for helping to improve the xournal-port.
Unfortunately I have to be the helping hand with many programs I use, for who else would? ;(
I thank God for putting you there and thus not having to take over this one as well, too

Quote:
I am going to add the V8d-patch to the first message with fixes for the two problems in a few minutes.
*Well, the bad news I don't have such a list, I just improvise -- the good news is that I have run out of bugs so far. Patch 0.8d at last works flawlessly for my needs, and you even went overboard and made both exported PDF and XOJ files be added to the DB anyway... wow! Thanks, thanks, thanks! BTW I'm about to post on another thread about the Xournal port...

Up for feature requests now? Nothing really hard (I think), I promise...
Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #147
MrWarper
Zealot

Spanish locale for our port of Xournal

Hi all,

This is the Spanish locale* for our port of Xournal: a polished version of the .po file to incorporate into the sources, and the binary .mo file so normal users don't need to generate anything; just uncompress the archive "xournal_08d_es.zip" in the Programs folder of your SD card, start Xournal and enjoy.

*This is not taken from current sources for Xournal; I don't use it on computers, so the terms I've chosen may be a bit off or simply different from the ones you're used to. Feel free to comment on that.

BTW: there are a few seemingly hard-coded strings which were not in the .po file and thus are still untranslated, namely:
"Import Annotations only"
"Import notes"
"Open Notes"
"Use AntiAliasing at restart"
Edit: and all the ones that report PDF export progress.

Maybe it's time for a patch 0.8e solving that?
Attached Files
File Type: zip xournal_08d_es.zip (9.1 KB, 309 views)
File Type: zip xournal_es(po).zip (8.6 KB, 309 views)

Last edited by MrWarper; 12-19-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #148
Paquillo
Enthusiast
Paquillo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, Motorola Xoom, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Hi all,

This is the Spanish locale* for our port of Xournal: a polished version of the .po file to incorporate into the sources, and the binary .mo file so normal users don't need to generate anything; just uncompress the archive "xournal_08d_es.zip" in the Programs folder of your SD card, start Xournal and enjoy.

*This is not taken from current sources for Xournal; I don't use it on computers, so the terms I've chosen may be a bit off or simply different from the ones you're used to. Feel free to comment on that.

BTW: there are a few seemingly hard-coded strings which were not in the .po file and thus are still untranslated, namely:
"Import Annotations only"
"Import notes"
"Open Notes"
"Use AntiAliasing at restart"
Edit: and all the ones that report PDF export progress.

Maybe it's time for a patch 0.8e solving that?
Thanks for the locale files, MrWarper. It's nice to have the application texts in Spanish.
Paquillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #149
MrWarper
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquillo View Post
Thanks for the locale files, MrWarper. It's nice to have the application texts in Spanish.
You're welcome. Actually you owe it to my father, who hates having programs in Swahili (English or whatever) and my being a bit bored lately...

As I said, if you have any comments or requests regarding this particular subject, don't hesitate to come back to me.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #150
Mackx
Guru

MrWarper,

I created new po-file and merged your file with the newly created. Can you fill in the missing parts (and the fuzzy) and check if I merged the file correctly? I will use it in future releases.
Attached Files
File Type: zip es.zip (8.6 KB, 318 views)

Tags
xournal